"only" 10 pounds

Options
Ok, I only have about 10 pounds to lose...but, I still need support and want to give support back.

It's way too easy to say...Oh, it's only 10 pounds....no big deal.
But, then I do nothing about it and go back to my old ways.

I just turned 47 and I don't want to continue this way and pack on more poundage.

But, enough about me.....any other 10-ish pounders out there that would like to join up and support each other?

Replies

• jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    me - just 10 pounds to loose - and loosing small is the hardest to do!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    i am the same i have about 10lbs to go to be at my UGW but these last few are taking longer to drop and im finding it harder to lose!
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I "only" planned on losing 14 pounds when I joined on here, I lost nine of those so far. I'd like to lose the five to reach my goal plus about three more and any weight I may gain over the holidays lol. If you are looking for support you can add me.
  • algoldsw
    Options
    i need "just" 10 also. its harder when the number is smaller i think!
  • opheliaangel
    Options
    I only need losing 10 pounds too but planning on more. Also it is harder.
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am 5' 3" and am happiest at around 120 lbs but right now weigh a little over 130. I dropped 4 pounds but gained about 5 over the holidays. I have a tiny frame so extra weight looks awful on me! It is SO hard for me to lose 10. Would appreciate support, too! :-)
  • Keyetta1
    Options
    Same here! I am 5'3 and 149 lbs. I would love to be 130-135 again!! I really need to tone while losing weight!
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm aiming for ten as well - finding this last ten to be a real challenge!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was an "only" 10 pounder...and somehow it's morphed into more! I'm 5'3" and 139!!! It makes me look really chunky, especially since I'm so small up top.

Feel free to add me on! I hope to be really active here to reach my goal!

Chrissy
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 10 pounds. I just need to do it 3 times. Thirty pounds sounds like too big a goal to start out on, so I am setting my goal at 10, then I am going to reset, and set it to ten again, and again. Good luck to you all!
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 13 pounds. I've done this all before, I'm just hoping this time I can keep it off!!! Good luck everyone! It's so much easier to gain then lose unfortunately!
  • Those last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Agree with the last 10 being hardest since the body doesn't really like to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have just five or ten pounds left that I want to lose.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose these last 10 pounds...and like others....to me, it also seems like they are the hardest to lose!! Feel free to add me if you all are looking for anymore motivational and encouraging friends!
  • mishelleman
    Options
    I am trying to lose 10lbs. As I am so small it really shows. Just want to be able to get into my clothes again! I struggle with knowing what are low calories meals and I like big portion sizes too! Any meal plan ideas would be greatfully received:)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am quite a ways a way from 'only' 10 pounds. I understand that is the hardest and slowest to lose though. Best of luck to you!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a 10lb-er too! Those smaller amounts are the hardest to loose. I want to loose 10lbs and I also want to gain some muscle. So really I don't necessarily have a weight goal as much as a look.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi from the west coast! I lost my last 10 - I only had 30 total to lose- last fall. What helped me the most was to put my goal settings to .5 loss per week and really vary my workouts and always ate my exercise calories back. If one day I burned 200 cals then the next day I'd burn 350, then the next day something else. The body can get in a rut for sure.

The other REALLY significant thing was to completely toss out all processed foods. Yep even "healthy" breads and such. So to get calories I had to up my proteins and fats while making my carbs all leafy green veggies, etc. I did a ton of research on foods particularly grains - corn, oats, wheat, barley, etc and learned that these aren't particularly easy for our digestive systems despite conventional wisdom. So after I really embraced this philosophy and began eating without the grains, I immediately felt better and the last 10 came off easy.

So best of luck! Your picture is wonderful!!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "last 10" too!! I lost the first 60 in about 6 months. I've been on the last 10 for 3 months!!!! It doesn't want to come off!! I refuse to give up. I keep trying new things to trick my body. I can't wait to say I reached my goal!!! ****70 pounds GONE!!!!*****