Dumbest thing ever...........

Options
Okay, so yesterday I did the dumbest thing EVER! Last night I went to the gym and planning on working on legs and gluts. I was doing the lying hamstring curl with about 70-75 lbs. (can't remember which one it is) The weights get stuck, so me (not thinking cause i've been having a lot of problems with my husband) being very careless, didn't realize my hand was in between the weights. All of a sudden, they dropped and sandwhiched my whole hand. There was no one in sight. I lifted the weights with my right hand. I went to the RR to run it under cold water and I pass out. I came to pretty quick so I ran out to the front desk. The trainers took very good care of me. They iced my hand and checked my fingers and had me under observation for 30-45 mins before they let me go. Needless to say my hand is pretty bruised, swollen and cut up.
All I can say is that i've learned my lesson.
Please watch where you put your hands & feet! I've heard some horror stories.

Edited to add: It hurt like h.e.ll but I was more embarrassed than anything.

Replies

• ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Okay, so yesterday I did the dumbest thing EVER! Last night I went to the gym and planning on working on legs and gluts. I was doing the lying hamstring curl with about 70-75 lbs. (can't remember which one it is) The weights get stuck, so me (not thinking cause i've been having a lot of problems with my husband) being very careless, didn't realize my hand was in between the weights. All of a sudden, they dropped and sandwhiched my whole hand. There was no one in sight. I lifted the weights with my right hand. I went to the RR to run it under cold water and I pass out. I came to pretty quick so I ran out to the front desk. The trainers took very good care of me. They iced my hand and checked my fingers and had me under observation for 30-45 mins before they let me go. Needless to say my hand is pretty bruised, swollen and cut up.
    All I can say is that i've learned my lesson.
    Please watch where you put your hands & feet! I've heard some horror stories.

Edited to add: It hurt like h.e.ll but I was more embarrassed than anything.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    ouch glad you will be ok!!!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    OMG! Ouch:noway: I hope your hand feels better soon! PS- the baby on your ticker....a-freakin-dorable!:smile:
  • ma9321
    Options
    :smile: And you better believe i'll be back at the gym today!
  • ma9321
    Options
    OMG! Ouch:noway: I hope your hand feels better soon! PS- the baby on your ticker....a-freakin-dorable!:smile:

Thank You! I love my little booger! :smile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You might want to get an x-ray just to be safe. There are a lot of little bones in your hand and could give you a lifetime of trouble if something heals incorrectly.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    ouch!:sad:
  • ma9321
    Options
    You might want to get an x-ray just to be safe. There are a lot of little bones in your hand and could give you a lifetime of trouble if something heals incorrectly.
    I know... my husband got after cause I didn't go get it checked out today. He says i'm being hardheaded. I'll probably try to get into the dr tomorrow.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow, you past out too. It must've really hurt. Try not to be to hard headed...take care of yourself. Bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you warned us! Don't feel embarrassed...it wasn't dumb, it was just inexperience with the machines, really. Oh I bet it hurt. I hope it's mended quickly!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    OWWWWWIIIIEEEEE glad ur ok now!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should absolutely go to the doctor. You don't want to regret anything.

I hope your husband feels bad and the two of you can make nice =D