Weight loss stalls with weights?? help!

Options
kimad
kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
Hey everyone,

I am just looking for some motivation and/or advise. I started using MFP in April and would run 2-3 days a week. I have since lost 55 pounds. About 1.5 months ago I started working out at the gym doing their weight circuit. Since then It has taken me about 3 weeks to lose 1 pound. I must admit that I do feel good, so I think I am losing inches, but for someone (ME!) who relies heavily on the scale when can one see the weight loss pick back up? I used to lose 10 pounds per month, then it slow to 5 which I was ok with.. but this .02, 0.4, 0.6 a week is really starting to make me frusterated LOL! I realize that sounds ridiculous, but I think you all can understand on some level....

So should I just do what I'm doing and I will push thru? Or should I change something up?
I did increase my calories and had the biggest loss as of late, which was 0.8! So I eat around 1310-1350/day and I exercise cardio 3x week and weights 2x per week. With my MFP set to a 1 pound loss per week it says 1410 -- maybe I should try a week eating 1410?!?

Thanks....

Replies

• dee74
    dee74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I just increased the poundage on my weight routine and I have gained 4.5 pounds in two weeks. My clothes are looser and I went in a hole on my belt and my back and abs seem to be tightening up so I stopped worrying. I know muscle weighs more than fat but it is hard to tell yourself that when you ste on the scale.