Surviving vacation/car ride

Options
This time of year is really hard for me to stay focused and eat in moderation. On top of all the treats and heavy meals that will be at Christmas eve dinner and Christmas day I am going on vacation to Tennessee on Christmas. This really puts me in a scary place because i start to feel out of control because i am not the one cooking so i don't know the nutritional information on any of the meals or desserts, so then i get in the mindset of oh screw it im sure ive already gone over calories today and end up just eating whatever i want which is completely the wrong way to think..it doesn't make sense i know. Anyways the reason for writing this, is I want to pack healthy snacks/food to bring with me that don't have to be refrigerated because we have a 14 hour drive and i want to have snacks on hand so i don't get candy and chips at a rest stop. Any ideas?! Thank you MFP loves <3

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Most fruits and veggies keep really well without refrigeration. Think apples, oranges, carrots, celery etc. Rice cakes are good too, popcorn, protein bars if you're really desperate. There are great options available. Going on vacation does not need to derail your plan, but you do need to plan ahead.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Why not pack veggies in a cooler/insulated bag? That's what I did for my last road trip and it made healthy snacking a lot easier.