Looking for diabetic UK folks to share ideas and food

Options
Hi, I am a 47 yr old bloke who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabeties, and a friend recommended this site. So here I am, and I taking the advice to get a few buddies. Please add me if your in the same pickle that I am.

I started off in Aug at 19 stone (120 kilos) and a 40 inch waist, 18 1/2 inch collar, and I am 1.8 m tall. The doctor put me on Metaformin tablets, and with aqua aerobics and just the general running around for my very active little son, I have lost 7 kilos in two months, which is almost 2 1/2 stone, and over two inches from the waist, and 1 1/2 inches from my collar.

I occasionally get gout, and as a teacher, with a mild attack - one of my lovely gert students (rugby player) tried to impress another 13yr old with his dancing skills, and took out my ankle at the Xmas disco, which I was supervisng, so I have been unable to get to the gym for more than a swim for almost four weeks now, whilst it healed, but I am still loosing a little weight, as i strp up the heel and walk every day for about an hour if I can.

I warn you that I may send odd messages in the middle of the night after i have drawn the short straw for the babies nappy, and I adore cooking, the reason for the bulge in the first place. Please excuse spelling and grammar.:smile: as i am dyslexic, and after a long day teaching kids, my own levels of concentration do slip down rapidly, more so with the diabeties,

My challenge is to convert my party peice recipies into a more sugar free versions for my diet. I need help, but will also share any successes (thats almost correct).. so add me if you want to help or be supported by an excentric idiot.

Replies

• cedgrenbawden
    cedgrenbawden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is your naughtiest treat that you would like de-sugarfying? Let's have a crack at it?!