How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• jennypennyxox
    Options
    well my scales are in the bathroom and i weigh every time i go the loo..... i'm obsessed
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    everyday to see how my body reacts to diffrent foods, i can gain 4lb in water over night just from having a bad food day and if i didn't weigh everyday, i wouldn't know that or what caused it.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I only log the loses because I know your weight fluctuates. My problem with only weighing once a week is, what if that happens to be the day your weight fluctuates and you the scale says you gained 2 lbs when yesterday it would have told you you lost 3 lbs.
  • teenytinylove
    Options
    i tell myself i'm only going to weigh in on wednesdays. but in reality. i weigh myself everyday. the number on the scale every morning just gives me motivation.
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only count every Monday. People say you aren't supposed to, but for me, when I see a difference, I know I either did something right, something wrong, or just might have been lucky that day. It keeps me focused on what I need to do better or the same the next day.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Once a week. This was recommended by Weight Watchers, the program I was doing before I joined here. Some years ago, due to health issues, I had to weigh myself daily. I know that weight fluctuates all the time, but those daily ups and downs drove me nuts. So once a week is more than enough for me.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning at about 730am and everynight before bed...it helps me to stay on track and when I am 100% OP for my Medifast I drop .4-.6lbs a day and no it dosent fluctuate..only when I go Off plan or have a small cheat or eat a little off plan does the scale change. Weighing daily keeps me accountable and reminds me that I am heading in the right direction. All my water stores have gone so when I lose I know its fat not water or muscle;) Unless I have an Ubber bad day off plan and then I gain water weight;) I track on MFP daily...a tracked # grows;) and in 19 weeks I am 55.6lbs down;) So for me it works;)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Weekly
  • blooming_soul
    blooming_soul Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Once a week normally, but right now I'm doing the 30 day shred so I weigh and measure myself after I've completed a level (10 days each). You might find it rewarding to measure yourself as well as watching the scale. In 10 days I didn't lose one pound but Í lost 1 inch from my hips and half an inch from my waist!

Also, make sure you are weighing yourself with the least amount of clothing possible,no shoes, exhale all your oxygen and do it at the same time of day everytime!! It makes a difference because our weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Daily... I'm a bit neurotic about it. I am just trying to make sure that my diet/exercise plan is on track. Also seeing the weight fluctuation helps me plan my diet accordingly (less sodium, etc).