More protein please..

Options
2»

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    What is your reasoning behind all of this? Are you not losing weight? Are you not eating breakfast and wanting to start?

I am trying to get the most protein for my calorie buck.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Edamame is a good source also
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Are these the bean looking thingys???

Also I drink the premier protein shakes. They are high in protein and low in sugar.
    I'm not sure where you live but I purchase them at Costco... :-)
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options

Are these the bean looking thingys???

Also I drink the premier protein shakes. They are high in protein and low in sugar.
    I'm not sure where you live but I purchase them at Costco... :-)

Yes, soy beans....I got a big ol bag of individual servings for around $8 at Sams
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I wonder if maybe you need to re-evaluate your day? I was looking at your diary... and it's pretty unbalanced in the sense of one day you are at 500-700 calories, the next day eating ice cream, cookies, etc.? Your protein looks really, really low most days.

I am NOT an expert here, and I am not trying to judge... but I would suggest looking at eliminating some of the Alcoholic beverages and the Sweets... and add those calories to a high protein breakfast!

In my experience... when I started eating breakfast (they are always high protein, at least 25 grams of protein!) I was fuller through the day, had more energy... and started releasing weight! I've lost over 100 pounds - through higher protein, cutting out processed sugars (as much as I can! sugar calls my name, lol) and eating 3 meals a day that are balanced. My calories spread throughout the day and are pretty close to the same day to day to day. That's what worked for me.

In any case - I do wish you the best... I think with a few changes to your daily approach you will have good results!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Do these sound right?

1/2 can water packed tuna - 50 calories - 12 grams protein
    1/2 cup egg whites - 50 calories - 10 grams protein
    3 slices oven roasted chicken breast - 50 calories - 10 grams protein
    1 jack links beef steak - 60 calories - 12 grams protein
    1/2 scoop Designer Whey - 50 calories - 9 grams protein
    1/4 cup FF greek yogurt - 35 calories - 6 grams protein
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese - 45 calories - 6 grams protein

Not really sure I can swallow tuna first thing in the morning :huh:

It looks about right, but why can't you eat the whole thing? It only adds like 50 or so more calories to most of those numbers.. plenty for the rest of the day.
  • kel7298
    Options
    I did the whole eat breakfast, eat clean, eat perfectly, exercise, etc for 18 months. It did not do a thing for me. Feel free to look farther back in my dairy if you like. I started calorie cycling 2 months ago and have lost 13 lbs. I am going to stick with this for now.

Thank you all for the suggestions.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What is calorie cycling? Is it eating lower cal for 2-3 days and then a higher cal for one day, wash-rinse-repeat?
  • Janebelieves
    Janebelieves Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is incredibly hi in protein, low in calories. Add some fruit/walnuts or almonds (the GOOD fat) and it's a b-fast that lasts u till lunch!
  • kel7298
    Options
    What is calorie cycling? Is it eating lower cal for 2-3 days and then a higher cal for one day, wash-rinse-repeat?

You could do it that way. The way I do it is I have a severe lower cal day then a reg cal day...wash rinse repeat. This confuses my body (less chance for plateau) and keeps my metabolism up. It averages out to be the same amount of calories, but I feel like I am only dieting every other day.

Please don't judge my WOE. I tried the conventional methods with no success. Why mess up a good thing if its working.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Wow. I see you only eat 500 calories every few days. I'd be starving!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

You could do it that way. The way I do it is I have a severe lower cal day then a reg cal day...wash rinse repeat. This confuses my body (less chance for plateau) and keeps my metabolism up. It averages out to be the same amount of calories, but I feel like I am only dieting every other day.

Please don't judge my WOE. I tried the conventional methods with no success. Why mess up a good thing if its working.

It's working for now.. but when you reach maintenance mode, then what are you going to do? I mean, I think you could keep going but if you jump from calorie cycling to normal intake, you may gain some weight back... thats the only issue I forsee.
  • kel7298
    Options

its working for now.. but when you reach maintenance mode, then what are you going to do? I mean, I think you could keep going but if you jump from calorie cycling to normal intake, you may gain some weight back... thats the only issue I foresee.
    I plan on increasing my caloric intake both days until I reach a good maintenance level
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    6oz of plain fat-free greek yogurt has 100 calories and 18 grams of protein. I mix in half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (for 60 cals and another 12g of protein) and half a cup of fresh or frozen raspberries (maybe another 40 cals). 200 cals and 30g of protein total.

^sounds like a great idea and a ton of protein!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, but a ton of salt.
  • kel7298
    Options
    thank you all for the suggestions..it has helped!