Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm also adopted, but I do know this about my birth parents: Father was Italian. Was the leader of a dance band in northern california in the early 60's. Mother was English.

I definitely relate much more to the Italian musician side of my heritage!!
  • karenCalandro
    Options
    French Cajun, Italian,Native American and I believe Irish, So I'm a mutt! lol But born and raised in South Louisiana
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was raised by a pack of lesbian wolves. Not really sure about my ethnicity (I am thinking there is ostrich in there somewhere)

And they named you rocketpants??? hmmmmm? :noway:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    I am German-Irish....fun story..my great great great grandmother was landed gentry in Germany (some sort of Lord of the manor-semi royalty thing) any way a local farm boy fell in love with her ( and I think a little hanky panky too)....her father found out and secluded her in a convent farm boy rescued her in the night and they escaped and came to the united states... true or not it makes for a fun family story... her grandaughter--Verdie Alma Hulda met and married a full blooded Irish man Marion Lee and then we got all the best of both.....short temper and hold a grudge forever...LOL
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Born in Arizona and I'm mutt. LOL j/k

My great grandfather immigrated from Ireland, when my grandad turned 11 he was basically thrown out of the house to fend for himself. My grandpa didn't talk to his dad until some 30 years later...when his dad was on his deathbed, actually he didn't say anything to him at that point either. Yea, so that side of the family can hold a grudge!

My mom's dad was an orphan from Mexico, he was informally adopted by a Mormon family when he was a kid (about 12'ish). He never converted to Mormonism, which I always found kinda interesting. My gramma grew up in Texas, her mother (my great-gramma) immigrated to Texas a few years before she met her husband.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am Albanian
  • jesscole76
    Options
    I live in Jersey (born and raised)

My mom is Italian and my dad is Irish :)
  • Jerseygirl38
    Options
    I live in Jersey (born and raised)

My mom is Italian and my dad is Irish :)

I was born and grew up in Jersey!! I live in Jarrow, north east england now though. My mum's side of the family are all Jersey born and raised, and my dad was from Leeds.
  • fauxfatale
    fauxfatale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mom is English, Dad is Scottish (from the Orkney Islands on the Northern tip of Scotland, distant ancestors were Vikings). Born in England, moved to NY when I was 8, naturalized at 27 and now I consider myself a full-blooded NEW YORKER!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    As far as I know....
    Italian, Hungarian, Irish, Scottish, Native American.. & American (since I was born & raised in American)
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    100% Puerto Rican .
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Born and raise in Minnesota, 99% German with just a touch of French
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    Second generation American - Sicilian Italian :D
  • leesa_z
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6242166
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Half English, half welsh, and that's about it! There is nothing at all exotic about me lol
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm from a small town in Pennsylvania. My mom is 100% Italian, from Abruzzo, Italy and my dad is Black and Native American mix.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta, Canada. I am mostly of Scottish decent (and you can tell. my natural hair colour is almost red and I'm very pale and have freckles lol) , with some Irish and Norwegian mixed in. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm an all-American mutt. I am German, Irish, Scots-Irish, Cherokee, Swedish and French! My kids are all of that plus Italian! :wink:
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Originally from Syracuse, IN, but have lived in Marietta, GA for the last 13 years. My heritage is Irish/Scottish/English and I am white.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Dads german, moms irish.