It's Beginning to Not Look Like Christmas....

Options
2»

Replies

• stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sometime before the new year.
    same here, has to be down by new years day...or it's bad luck (so I've heard).
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    before new years
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    New Year's or week of/after that. I also decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I want it to last for as long as possible!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Usually take them down about a week after Christmas. This year, we moved into a new apartment and just put our tree up yesterday, so I told my boyfriend we are keeping it up through January. We'll see ;)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Not until January 6th-ish. After the 12 days of Christmas are over. I love the decorations & lights, so I don't mind leaving them up for a while. :smile:

We also leave them up until the Epiphany. My mom calls it Three King's day. :smile:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    January 2nd. I leave my halloween ones up year round. :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I get tired of the clutter so ASAP. The tree will be the first to go because it takes up 1/2 my dining room!
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    New Year's Eve the decorations come down. It doesn't take that long, we still enjoy the festivities that night, and we start the new year all fresh and clean. Great start if you ask me.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Is it horrible that I haven't even put my Christmas Decor up yet? I mean my tree is up, but it's 80+ degrees today (and it has been around there for the last few weeks!) It just doesn't seem "Christmas-y?" I'm over Florida :(
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First week in January. Husband usually wants them down by then. It will depend on the weather. If you have to break ice to get them down , forget it! We have let the snow bury some things, usually found by the end of January.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I like to put my tree and decorations up at the beginning of December and take it all down within a few days after Christmas - this year the plan is to take it all down on December 28th!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So when do you take your decorations down??

I'm the day after Christmas girl and get some flack about that from friends and family. :embarassed:

How about yourself? :smile:

Day after New Year's.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sometime in the following week - before New Years for sure....
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In Croatia, where i come from, the tree is decorated on December 24th, not before, and it's kind of a tradition. You can put the decorations of you want even earlier, but usually people don't do that. The tree is undecorated (i don't know the right word...) on January 6th. That's the Holy three Kings day there.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    January 2nd.

Growing up, however, we used to leave the tree up until January 6th to finalize the twelve days of Christmas.
  • samatalma
    Options
    Christmas day after the kids open presants

Wow, really? Because Christmas doesn't last the whole day? Hm.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Normally on New Year's Eve I don't like the New Year coming in with them still up!! I am kind of tired of decorations since some of my neighbors had there's up since the day after Halloween:noway: !!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love xmas and feel so upset when the presents r open, I couldn't take the tree away xmas day too, that's sooo depressing lol. That mortifies me the thought of it... I wait till the kids go back to school coz its over then and it still makes me sad x