Zumba!

Options
Has anyone on here had any success with Zumba? I recently bought Zumba Exhilarate and I have been doing it for three days now and I think I like it. However, I don't seem to get out of breath very much at all, but I've also been a dancer for 15 years so I'm pretty used to it. (Unfortunately, I had to stop dancing 2 years ago which is why i gained all of this weight)

Just wanted to see if anyone has it, liked it, didn't like it, or suggests any other workouts they might like instead!

Replies

• anzabeth
    Options
    I love Zubma! I go to classes 2-3 times a week and average burning 500-600 calories per hour. I've never tried the dvd's, but the classes are a great workout!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've gone to 2 Zumba classes and both times it kicked my butt. I get a great burn out of it and I plan to keep going!
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have actually tried the Zumba class at my college, but it isn't in session now that we are on break, which is why I got the dvd's. I do really like it, but I have tried the 30 day shred a couple of times and I just feel so out of breath after that 20 minute work out, but I guess it is just two different types of work outs, i guess!
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I am the same as you. I danced competitively for 17 years and stopped after college because of law school. I can sweat my butt off in a Zumba class but not be out of breath and according to my HRM i burn about 650 cals/hour.

Oh my goodness, how weird! I'm in college now and I'm going to attend law school after I get out!
  • zazie94
    Options
    Hi, Sorry for my english, i'm from france (Paris). I love Zumba too, i have the DVD's .
    I go to classe once a Week for an Hour and sometime on Sunday for 2 hours.
    I like the DVD because it's more "Speed" more like Aerobic... I don't know how to explain, My Zumba classe is more like Dance.
    And me i'm not a Dancer, so sometime, i am a little ridiculous.... But I have Fun, and i like Zumba (I Hate other sport...).
    So i go to my room to make Zumba with my DVD !!!