do sugary snacks taste less appealing now?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Still love sweets but I am more picky and choosey when it comes to what I eat... I took a bite of a see's candy once (or twice, or more lol) and spit it out because I didn't like it.. wasn't worth the calories to eat it..
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes, now I hate sugar in my coffee/tea/herbal tea. And this also happens with high fat food, my stomach cannot stand them anymore.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yep, lots of things are just gross now. Take for instance chocolate. Most of it tastes sickly sweet with a grainy consistency and after eating it I regret it.

My favorite has always been Reese's peanut butter cups, now they are just disgusting. Last time I had one, I immediately regretted it & told my Husband "I want my calories back! I should have just had my Greek yogurt with Agave like I had originally planned!" He said that they didn't taste as good either.

So now when I have to have chocolate I eat dark chocolate. My new fav is Chocolove - Raspberries In Dark Chocolate!

Same goes for fatty foods. Most just leave a film on the roof of my mouth & make me feel sick!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Nope, still as good as ever for me, maybe even better than ever as im aware of the calorie count, so im damn sure going to enjoy it! :D
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Nope they taste better. Damn it!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is to be honest.

Pop = gross to me.

donuts = yuck

I can't stand the frosting on cake anymore, but I do enjoy the cake. Ditto with cupcakes. The frosting is just too sweet.

Some cookies are still delicious, but others? I just don't like anymore.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Some things are too sweet for sure, like fudge and frosting - eww. But they were too sweet for me even before changing gears.

I still like lots of other sweet stuff, but when I eat sweet treats now I find I'm subconciously evaluating how much I like the sweet treat vs. "is it worth the calories?". It's got to be absolutely awesome tasting if I'm using up calories on it. For example - homemade sugar cookies. I used to LOVE them, but now I find they just don't taste nearly good enough to spend that many calories on them. If I'm burning a couple hundred calories on junk I'd rather have homemade butter caramels or a wicked and evil 8 ounce glass of that Devil Coca-Cola.

However, with salty stuff too much is gross for everything now. Even my favorite salty things I just can't eat now because it tastes icky.
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream last night and it was as scrumptious as ever :)
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I"m addicted to sugar, so it always tastes amazinggg to me :blushing: :happy:
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have a sweeter tooth now, which is unfortunate. But I mostly keep it on a tight leash.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    No.