Night Eaters

Options
2»

Replies

• DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think, perhaps, a snack right before bed would do you good...maybe even your last meal of the day if you're a late dinner eater. Personally, I struggle from after dinner-bedtime. I just make sure I save calories for that time of day and log everything. Popcorn is a snack that really seems to stick with me and curve my appetite...I get the 100 calorie bags.
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think it may be the meds.

I wonder if it's all sleeping meds or just some?
  • penny5
    Options
    I am on ambien and have the same problem. One night I ate a whole bag of goldfish s'mores in my sleep. My boyfriend got them for me and figured I must be hungry if I continued to eat. He has also tried to take food away from me and a have slapped his hand, all in my sleep. I usually have a small snack after I take my pill because sometimes it upsets my stomach. I told him to no longer get me more food, even if I beg.

One of the funniest moments for me was waking up to a chocolate pudding cup half full on my chest and a spoon right by my mouth. My roommate found me like that and I woke up to her laughter.:blushing: We still laugh about that!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've only started doing that. Eating in the middle of the night. It started when my dog started getting up in the middle of the night to go pee.

I grab a handful of cereal, wait for her to come back in and go back to bed.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Same here,only i have my days & nights mixed for the
    most part,& it s really hard to figure where to put
    My 3 or 4 a.m.,or 5 or 2 or? ?????Entry.

For the most part,i usually keep stocked home made
    or not HUMUS &LO call crackers..like t.j.'s savory
    Thins.An easy grab. & snack....especially if no cut
    Up vegs. Available.
    I agree, get the snacks out of the house!!

I SUGGEST KEEPING THE HUBBY BROUGHT HOME
    SNACKS IN THE "TRUNK" OF THE CAR!!!!

THIS WAY YOU WILL BE LESS INCLINED TO MAKE
    THE TREK. ...&if you do,you will THINK ABOUT IT
    ON YOUR WAKE UP WAY...GOOD sleeping:flowerforyou: :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I am on ambien and have the same problem. One night I ate a whole bag of goldfish s'mores in my sleep. My boyfriend got them for me and figured I must be hungry if I continued to eat. He has also tried to take food away from me and a have slapped his hand, all in my sleep. I usually have a small snack after I take my pill because sometimes it upsets my stomach. I told him to no longer get me more food, even if I beg.

One of the funniest moments for me was waking up to a chocolate pudding cup half full on my chest and a spoon right by my mouth. My roommate found me like that and I woke up to her laughter.:blushing: We still laugh about that!

This is not normal. You are describing sleep-eating, not late night cravings. This is a side effect of various sleep meds and I would suggest you contact your physician.
  • penny5
    Options

This is not normal. You are describing sleep-eating, not late night cravings. This is a side effect of various sleep meds and I would suggest you contact your physician.

Thank you. I will look into it for sure. I appreciate your insight.