QUESTION?

Okay so I just wanted to know.. does it matter what time you eat breakfast lunch and dinner.. because sometimes I wake up early and sometimes I wake up at noon lol.. and breakfast is already over.. so I was just wondering does that mess up the whole day by waking up late and skiping breakfast?? Should I set my alarm every morning or what? I just had a baby so thats why sometimes I sleep late i'm working on his schedule if you know what I mean..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    I think it is ok if it is varied - i work typically 12hr shifts sometimes 3a-3p or nights or day so my meals vary depending on when i am up and eating - as long as you stay within you calorie range you should be ok
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    it really does matter. because if you eat breakfast at night, it's called brinner. and if you eat dinner in the southern states, it's called supper.

but no, it doesn't matter.
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 74 Member
    No, I think as long as you get all 3 meals in you should be good.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    nope. doesn't matter. but a lot of people think if you eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, you will be more successful. I guess they figure higher intake at breaky, cuz then you have all day to wear it off...
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I've read that just as long as you consume your first meal within an hour of waking, to get your metabolism up and running for the day, then you should be good. I'm no expert though.

**Edited for typos lol**
  • 4HealthyMe
    4HealthyMe Posts: 34 Member
    I don't think it matters. As long as you eat healthy & keep to your calorie/nutrient goals, you should be good. Sometimes I prefer to sleep than eat too. I am not going to set an alarm just to eat. :noway:

You just had a baby. Congrats to you! Eat healthy, recover well and sleep when you can.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    I don't think it matters that much.........as long as you stay within your goals, and get good nutrition.

Although I think we've all heard that it's not good to eat late and night and go to bed on a full stomach! Is that an old "wive's tale"???
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    I've read that just as long as you consume your first meal within an hour of waking, to get your metabolism up and running for the day, then you should be good. I'm no expert though.
    Hmm I don't think that's true! I know of several people here who fast until well past lunch and consume all of their calories later in the day and they are doing great! :wink:
  • Could I ask another question? Unrelated? I am new as of today and have been stumbling around trying to find where to ask. Is your weight posted on your diary? Thanks and sorry for butting in.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Could I ask another question? Unrelated? I am new as of today and have been stumbling around trying to find where to ask. Is your weight posted on your diary? Thanks and sorry for butting in.
    No it's not.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    For myself...what matters is my total water intake and number of calorie intake and number of calories burned...it's all a math game to me. I have lost 52 pounds since 12/02/10 and it works for me. I love MFP.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    As far as I know it doesn't matter. There are days when I have so much running around to do. When my sons were first born, you NEED to rest when the baby is resting. That will always be true, every nrw Mom will tell you that. As long as you can get proper nutrition, I don't think it's all that important. Congratulations, on the birth of your son!!! :happy: