My very momentous, yet minor weight loss story (ongoing)

Options
7 years ago, my parents got divorced, and of course home-cooked meals came to grinding halt. At only 8-9 years old, slowly but surely the weight ballooned all the way up to 231lbs, and I was only 13/14. I was unhappy, bullied always and a very unhappy person. It affected my schoolwork and I went from an A student all the way to barely getting through. I failed out of my old highschool, forcing me to change schools. Then, it clicked. It's been 2 years since I started my weight journey, and I had only gotten as low as 227lbs. Then finally, it clicked. I changed to 2% milk, started measuring all of my foods and I became conscious of what I was putting in my mouth. A meal I thought was healthy was 680 calories! and I had it which chips and a 32.oz DRINK! I weigh myself every day now, and at 16, I'm glad I finally let it get through my mind that I need to get in shape. I've lost 12 POUNDS! I feel great about it too.

Starting weight: 231lb but 229 on MFP
Current weight: 219lb
Goal weight: 140lb

12 pounds lost, 69 more to go!

Replies

• cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! It's awesome that it finally clicked for you, and you have your whole life ahead of you being fit and healthy! Congratulations!
  • leoS8190
    leoS8190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you can do it!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!