For those people with only a few pounds/kilos to loose

Options
hey there everyone.
I need a bit of help. I've been hearing romers that the last few kilos are the hardest. With only 7kg to loose originally, its been nearly 4 weeks and i'm only about 1.3kg down. Before i even came on here i had a pretty healthy appetite. Never drank soda, the only remotely processed food I ate was wholegrain bread (which i still do), however exercise wasn't really on my to do list, as i have a pretty good metabolism. I hear people with greater weight to loose (say 100 pounds) can loose say 10 pounds a month and stuff, a lot of weight in a short period of time. I was curious to know for those people who are down to loosing their last few pounds how long is the average time that you'd loose kilos? I'd be happy with 0.5kg a week but so far that's not looking very likely. any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong? My diary is open if ya wanna check that out, but im honestly just wondering onw hat sort of timelien is to be expected to drop those last few kg?

Thanks for any help
Rachel

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The recommendation I've heard is 1/2 pound per week, which would be approximately 1/4 kg.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    With water weight, fluctuations and the slow loss of .5lb a week, I know it will take a while to lose the last 10lbs. I went into maintenance because I just didn't see progress. Now I'm getting back into logging and exercising and re-committed to the losing the last 10lbs. This time last year I dropped 25lbs and I've kept if off.

I know it will take a long time (20 weeks, ugh) and that many weeks I may not see any progress at all. I'd just rather weight 10lbs less in than not.

So basically if you are just starting out, especially if you are exercising, you may gain muscle weight while you are losing so the tape measure rather than the scale is your guide to losses.

Your motivation comes from a long-term goal, not weekly gains/losses.

Eat back your exercise calories, never go under 1200 + exercise calories. You may gain in the short term when you do this. You'll have to wait it out while your body adjusts. Don't give up if you see a gain at this point. It may take up to three months for your body to adjust.

That's my advice. It's a long range plan. You could probably get really aggressive with weightlifting, tracking protein and carbs and do it faster. However, I have found it is easier to make a lifestyle change I can sustain over time. Just my two cents. Good luck!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    1st you need to eat more, your under your goal of 1200 calories alot....
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    m also trying to lose the last 7 kg b4 i cud lose 3 kg in 1 week bt nw hardly bt my stomach is getting smaller
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Uhhhg these last 10 lbs seem impossible! any help is so appreciated