Need healthy snack ideas

Hi! I am recently back on the wagon -- I know, totally wrong time of year for that! I have 2 young kids at home and they are constantly snacking. I am finding myself taking a nibble when they snack. I am having a complete mental block when it comes to healthy snacks for myself! I can come up with lots of meal alternatives, but the snacks are stumping me. I am either having a really hard time hitting my calorie goals or I'm going way over. Please, someone help!

Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    12 almonds = approx 100 cal

1/2 apple with a slice of reduced fat mozza cheese on each = approx 120 cal

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese + 1/4 cup fresh (your choice) berries = approx 100 cal

celery + light cream cheese dip (approx 3 tablespoons worth) = approx 100 cal
  • CaitlynSoder
    CaitlynSoder Posts: 1 Member
    Apple with cinnamon :) tastes like apple pie
    A pile of veggies with hummus
    rice cakes with salsa
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    My faves:

cottage cheese
    greek yogurt or regular yogurt
    Fruit
    Light string cheese
    Veggies and hummus
    crackers and hummus
    Anything from Kashi (I love )
    Protein shake
  • I make healthy snacks for my kids so that I'm not tempted to dig into crackers and cheese, and it means that they are getting more nutrition into their bodies as well.

Our morning snack is always a pile of raw veggies (what ever we have in the house) with hummus. And usually almonds - but the tricky part is limiting to 10 or so....calories and fat add up fast with nuts.

In the afternoon I usually either have an apple with natural peanut butter, or a banana with natural peanut butter. And I put out another veggie tray with hummus that we all snack on.