Food: The Ultimate Weapon of Self-Destruction

Options
Here's a journaling idea some might find helpful it really makes you stop and think!:tongue: ...:heart:

Grab a notebook or create your own journal

Now look back for your first memory of your comfort food. Is it a certain food or any food?

What is your favorite food when you need comforting?

Now can you look back in your past to figure out why you love it so much?

Write down your first memory of using food to comfort yourself and what was happening to you and how you felt at the time.

Just write as fast and as hard as you can.
The writing will help you to get it out.
Don't allow your perfectionism to get you hung up on grammar, punctuation or spelling – just write! You are the only one who is going to read this. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Here's a journaling idea some might find helpful it really makes you stop and think!:tongue: ...:heart:

Now look back for your first memory of your comfort food. Is it a certain food or any food?

Write down your first memory of using food to comfort yourself and what was happening to you and how you felt at the time.

Don't allow your perfectionism to get you hung up on grammar, punctuation or spelling – just write! You are the only one who is going to read this. :flowerforyou:
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options

This is a great idea one i intend to use wehn i have "alone" time but with a fiance and a baby thats hard to come by lol. but ill make it. i know ive always dived into food to comfort me in someway even if its only bordem. but ive done it for so long not sure ill remember my first but im suregonna try. Thanks for the idea!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

This is a great idea one i intend to use wehn i have "alone" time but with a fiance and a baby thats hard to come by lol. but ill make it. i know ive always dived into food to comfort me in someway even if its only bordem. but ive done it for so long not sure ill remember my first but im suregonna try. Thanks for the idea!

you're very welcome:flowerforyou: Sometimes when I'm out walking I do my very best thinking, maybe you can talk your fiance into watching the little one so you can do some think-walking!:tongue:

FC:heart:
  • MegganLupi
    Options

I know it's hard to stop snacking or diving right into that comfort food. I feel the same way since i had my baby. Good luck and just keep trying. I know it will get easier the further you go. try giving the baby to a friend or leaving the baby with your Fiance and going for a walk even if it's for five minutes. that was you take some of the bordum out and still get a nice walk in. :) Good luck. :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    FC you just friggin rock!! :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    FC you just friggin rock!! :tongue: