Weight Fluctuations - Tips needed! :-)

Hi

I am a 23year old female who began my journey into a better lifestyle on MFP at the start of this month. So I am a relative newbie!! I started by losing 1kg each week for the first two weeks - last week it dropped to 400gm and this week was only 100gm.

I weigh in on the same day, at the same time, once a week and completely understand that weight loss is never consistent (no matter how much I wish it was!).

I work out 5 - 6 days a week and have never been over my calorie allowance.

The reason I am writing this is because yes (whoo hoo!) I am still losing weight, I just would like some assistance from others about their tips on how to kick start this back into higher numbers.

I noticed that although I do not go over my calorie allowance, on the nutritional break down graph I generally go over on my sugar intake. What are some tips to reduce this?

I also do not have any friends on here yet so for those who are looking for a little support or just want a friend to chat with or think they can assist me too please add me :-)

If you have any tips at all or comments please feel to let me know what you think.!

Happy Christmas!!! :-)

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    feel free to friend me.. Would have to know more about you to see if I can offer any help :)
    I lose fairly consistantly afte the first month of exercise... adding exercise totally messed up my losing for about a month... Water intake and sodium intake can affest our "weight" tons. Trying new exercise, anytime you have sore muscles- it's just deception on the scale..
    Kimmy
  • Hi

I am a 23year old female who began my journey into a better lifestyle on MFP at the start of this month. So I am a relative newbie!! I started by losing 1kg each week for the first two weeks - last week it dropped to 400gm and this week was only 100gm.

I weigh in on the same day, at the same time, once a week and completely understand that weight loss is never consistent (no matter how much I wish it was!).

I work out 5 - 6 days a week and have never been over my calorie allowance.

The reason I am writing this is because yes (whoo hoo!) I am still losing weight, I just would like some assistance from others about their tips on how to kick start this back into higher numbers.

I noticed that although I do not go over my calorie allowance, on the nutritional break down graph I generally go over on my sugar intake. What are some tips to reduce this?

I also do not have any friends on here yet so for those who are looking for a little support or just want a friend to chat with or think they can assist me too please add me :-)

If you have any tips at all or comments please feel to let me know what you think.!

Happy Christmas!!! :-)

Just saying that I think you need to analyse where your sugar comes from - I'm new but, being vegan, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables so my diet is high in 'sugar' even though none of it is processed/added. Maybe reduce added sugars, but don't cut down on healthy five a day! MFP sugar allowance seems too low - how can you only eat 24g of sugar or whatever and still eat five fruits a day? o.0
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Just to point out, when you first start a diet you lose a lot of water weight. Also you body needs time to adjust because right now it's trying to compensate for the changes in calorie deficit. If your exercising and not going over your calorie goal, your body should sort itself out. The body is not a machine, losing weight is a roller coaster, the scale will lie to you sometimes, measuring your body parts works alot better.

The body burns sugar before it burns fat. Take a look at your diet, with the log, you will start to see patterns where you didn't expect too see them.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    If you're eating the right amounts and exercising, don't worry about the fluctuations. And if you're looking at 100g fluctuations, you're obsessing about microchanges that mean nothing and are attributable to changes in hydration content and intestinal content. Put your scale up on the shelf and weigh yourself once or twice a month. Seriously.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    If you're eating the right amounts and exercising, don't worry about the fluctuations. And if you're looking at 100g fluctuations, you're obsessing about microchanges that mean nothing and are attributable to changes in hydration content and intestinal content. Put your scale up on the shelf and weigh yourself once or twice a month. Seriously.

^^^This!^^^

You also might need to play a bit with your food composition. For myself, I do better with more veggies, good proteins and fats, and less fruits and grain-based foods . For others, that doesn't matter. And when I say "I do better", I don't mean just weight loss but also how I feel, energy levels, ability to exercise intensely, etc. I also do best when I zig-zag my calories throughout the week going by my weekly calorie deficit rather than my daily.

You might also want to play around with exercise protocols. I do best with heavy lifting, HIIT (high intensity interval training), and only doing steady-state cardio if I have time and energy for it.

Last, I'm finding that proper sleep and rest days from exercise are just as important as diet/exercise.