Paleo LifeStyle

Options
I have been doing research on this lifestyle and I wanted to know if anyone has gone this route with their life? I am reading my new favorite website NerdFitness and the author there really promotes it.
For those who do it: Does it help with weight loss/bodyfat loss/muscle gain?
For those who haven't: Have you heard of it?

Happy Holidays btw! :tongue:

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My approach is somewhere between The Zone and Paleo, but I'm closer to The Zone, ie; I try to balance protein to carbs with slightly more protein than carbs and only whole grain/veggie/fruit carbs. (NO refined carbs!)

Paleo puts more emphasis on meat and has you try to give up most or all carbs/grains.

I find for myself personally I do better when I do have some whole grain carbs in my diet but also a lot of lean meat as well.. I do find it interesting reading some of the Paleo blogs like "Mark's Daily Apple" just to see people debating the issues. Gives me "food for thought" so to speak.

I definitely agree with the Paleo outlook on exercise... lift lots of heavy things lol, walk long distances.. etc..

Good luck!

2223754.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I follow the Primal Blueprint, which is very similar to Paleo. I cannot say enough how wonderful it is, and how happy I am with how I feel. I wrote a blog post about it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/4milesat40?month=201112

:)
    Amy
  • musdoit2
    musdoit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amy, what do you prefer about Primal Blueprint WOE over the Paleo Diet.. I really like the idea of either but they sound very much the same??? I will never eat grains again, after reading "Wheat Belly"!! :-)
  • I have tried, but failed. Its really hard to cut out bread, pasta, whole grains, etc (at least in my family and lifestyle). However, I have done alot of research on it and I really do believe its the way to go. Yes, some will argue that the benefits of whole grains are being lost - and I do agree with that when it comes to heart health. But going Paleo is about as clean as you can get when it comes to eating and the benefits far outweigh the consequences.

If you can do it, its a great philosophy to live by. If you don't succeed, at least you can say you tried.