Going to the gym

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
I truly enjoy going to the gym!!

Yes fitting it into my busy life is a little hectic but once im there I call it "ME" time- While I am at the gym I'm not taking care of the kids, the dog, stuff at my job, the house running errands NOTHIN that is completely my time and I enjoy it

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    I truly enjoy going to the gym!!

Yes fitting it into my busy life is a little hectic but once im there I call it "ME" time- While I am at the gym I'm not taking care of the kids, the dog, stuff at my job, the house running errands NOTHIN that is completely my time and I enjoy it
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I have made so many friends there, too, that it holds me accountable. It is truly my "home away from home". Is that bad? :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I love it too! I have made so many friends there, too, that it holds me accountable. It is truly my "home away from home". Is that bad? :laugh:

lol- I don't talk to anyone when I am at the gym I am completely in the zone and just stay focused lol- Even when my husband comes with me we really don't talk unless we are counting reps (Is that bad lol)
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    I love having that alone time.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ive gotta say i never WANT to go to the gym after a long day's work, but i force myself to drive there.
    then last night i realized if i read while i'm on the elliptical, the cals come off before i know it! i put my magazine over the calorie counter and timer, and just started flipping through, next thing i know i lift up my magazine to check and see where i'm at and i had already burned 150 cals! that normally takes about 20 minutes, but it only seemed like about 5! :laugh:

i've decided i'm getting a new book soon, taking it with me and riding the bike or the stairclimber or elliptical and reading until i cant read anymore. :bigsmile:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    they say its best to not read or watch tv while working out because you are being distracted and aren't pushing yourself like you should be-- The best thing is music if you must have something to distract you.
    In 20 minutes I can burn 200 calories- I like to burn a min of 10 calories a min

But do what ever works for you-

I enjoy going because that is the only ME time I get everything else is devoted to kids,work, housework, bills ect.....