51, new here and hoping I can finally lose the weight. I nee

This appears to be an amazing site. I'm looking forward to shrinking with all of you!

Replies

• cyndigre
    cyndigre Posts: 31 Member
    I am also 51! I have been on here since august and it is an amazing site full of fun and friendship:) And........losing weight of course! Welcome and good luck!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Make a lot of friends on this site. It really does help with the motivation. Log in everything, every day, good or not. and really just do the best you can. :smile:
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Hey there. I am 51, have only been on the site about a week, but so far very impressed. I have found the site very impresseve. It so easy to track my meals either on my laptop or on my phone app. I have not uploaded any photos yet, but will at some point. I have been watching my carbs and sugar and have lost about 3 lb so far, but will weigh in again tomorrow. It is so hard to loose weight as we get older. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Welcome! I'm 48 and have been on the site since the end of last January. You're right - it's fantastic! My advice:
    1. Take a photo of yourself now to use for comparisons later. I didn't, and I regret it
    2. Take your measurements. Sometimes the scale can be frustrating, but if you're exercising and building muscle, those measurements will more.
    3. Remember that you didn't get overweight overnight, and this is a lifestyle change to make you the healthiest you can be. Don't look at it as a diet.
    4. Friend people. Even if you don't chat, seeing people logging in every day can help with motivation. Plus, it's nice to have support from a consolidated group of friends. The forums are great, but you really build bonds with friends.
    5. Read...read...read the forums! I can't tell you how much good info I've garnered that way.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 352 Member
    Welcome and lots of luck, the site is great and you will find lots of friends and motivation here........