One Year Journey

Options
Been a tough year. I concentrated (successfully) on getting some weight off. I was pushing 290 last year (Mid December) and by March was down to 256. Thanks to MFP which I found early January. Then I thought it was easy. Watch somewhat what I eat, stopped walking to the train and taking transit and slowly it crept back on. When I finally hit over 270 again which did take some time I got serious again. Today I am 254. It is still a good accomplishment but I wonder where I COULD have been. I went from 43% body fat on my scale to 35 on my last weigh in. Not great but going in the right direction.

Looking at trying to keep myself focused which means limited alcohol, and looking at completing P90X as my new years goal. There is no reason why I can't get to a very toned 225 and look amazing. Already gone from a 46 waist to a 40. Have not been below a 36 in over 10 years.

I can't name all the people on here who have been supportive and helped. All I would like to say is Thank You.

Merry Christmas to all. Happy whatever day it is to you if you don't celebrate Christmas. I look forward to the progress and challenges that will come with the new year. I now know the key to success is logging and watching. I need to do it all the time because over the holidays I have slacked off as well.

2012 I will finish a few sessions of P90X, will get to 225, and will be willing to post pics of the progress.

NIght all.

Replies

• ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, and congratulations. Any HEALTHY lifestyle change is great, no matter how "small" you think it is.. because there's a lot of people who WANT to change, but just can't seem to do it, for w/e reason... I hope you reach your goal next year (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!