Turkey drippings?

Options
I'm setting up recipes on here for the stuff my mother makes homemade, and she uses turkey drippings in both the gravy and the stuffing. I know HOW much she puts in, but I have no idea how to catalogue that for calories, etc.. Is there an equivalent I can use on MFP?

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    just say no.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I would think it's pretty close to pure fat, especially if you separate it out. Fat has 9 calories per gram. I'm not sure what the actual makeup of the drippings is though I just know it's got the full RDA of awesome.

And just say YES!
  • lynnstoll
    Options
    My doctors (I have two I see regularly) tell me to eat what I want, just always do it with moderation. When I keep that in mind, a little goes a long way in satisfying my taste and no overeating. Merry Christmas.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I would think it's pretty close to pure fat, especially if you separate it out. Fat has 9 calories per gram. I'm not sure what the actual makeup of the drippings is though I just know it's got the full RDA of awesome.

And just say YES!

This^^ full RDA of Awesome - love it!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm setting up recipes on here for the stuff my mother makes homemade, and she uses turkey drippings in both the gravy and the stuffing. I know HOW much she puts in, but I have no idea how to catalogue that for calories, etc.. Is there an equivalent I can use on MFP?

Thanks in advance. :)

I would use an existing entry for those items.