Tasted and rejected....

Options
2»

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. Sounds good, though. What's the cal count on it?

They vary. The blood orange is the lowest I think -- 60 or 70 calories for a half cup.

ciaobellagelato.com

Now THAT is do-able!!! :-D
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

They vary. The blood orange is the lowest I think -- 60 or 70 calories for a half cup.

ciaobellagelato.com

The pints are on the expensive side but (like premium ice cream) I think the taste is worth it :P
  • slieber
    Options

ciaobellagelato.com

The pints are on the expensive side but (like premium ice cream) I think the taste is worth it :P

Being gluten- and dairy-free, EVERYTHING I buy like that is on the expensive side, so no worries! Thanks!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow! I'm actually eating the strawberry cheesecake right now. haha
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've eaten worse things.

Like my boy Chewy says:

"Beautiful people gotta make sacrifices"
    "Not the worst thing I've ever tasted" is hardly a recommendation. There is absolutely no reason for OP to eat this if she doesn't enjoy it.
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tried Fat Free Feta last week and it is gross, I am glad I tasted it before ruining my meal with it.

I am more of a fan of just eating regular stuff I like and buying/serving less of it or only getting it when I go out and not keeping it at home. Ice cream falls into the latter category because the retail containers are too big. For frozen treats I usually keep around Dole fruit Popsicles (about 70-80 calories).

It doesn't hurt to try the reduced/low/free versions, sometimes they actually taste better.

The no sugar added versions of the little fruit cups are almost indistinguishable from the light syrup versions and about half the calories. Reduced and fat free yogurts are usually good.

1/3 reduced fat cream cheese usually tastes better to me than regular.

I wish Coke would make a reduced calorie version. Diet and Zero just never taste right to me. If they dropped it down to 80 calories a can instead of 140 that would be awesome.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If it's not something you really like, why waste calories on it?

I can get a pint of Godiva chocolate ice cream and make it last a long time. One spoonful is rich enough to satisfy me.
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the mint chocolate chip Arctic Zero? I thought it was delicious!
  • slieber
    Options
    Mint Chocolate Chip hasn't shown up in my local store yet. Just the chocolate (ick) and the vanilla maple (barely tolerable).
  • slieber
    Options
    If it's not something you really like, why waste calories on it?

I can get a pint of Godiva chocolate ice cream and make it last a long time. One spoonful is rich enough to satisfy me.

I don't have that sort of control, so I control what comes into my house instead.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have the other types of ice cream, but am celiac, lactose intolerant and dairy allergic. :-(
    Well then you aren't eating ice cream, you're going to be eating popcicles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Weight Watchers ice cream? At my local Walmart they sell them in a small 1 cup serving for $1.00 each. I have tasted the mint chocolate chip and the chocolate fudge brownie flavor and they are tasty. They are pretty low calorie and pretty doable if you make room in your daily intake. Here is a link to the flavors and the nutrition facts: http://www.weightwatchers.com/shop/categoryshowcase.aspx?pageid=1056621&navid=moreww
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was interested, but after ready the ingredients I don't think it sounds very tasty. I agree with the others on eating things a little more indulgent sometimes. I am allergic to artificial sweeteners so that limits me from being able to eat the diet versions of most items.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream. I tried two flavors - chocolate and vanilla-maple. Vanilla-maple was just barely tolerable. Chocolate was so bad I threw away the container after only a few spoonfuls.

150 calories PER PINT....and it tastes like it, too. VERY disappointed....

Ah well. Back to coconut milk/soy Purely Decadent. *sigh*

The Artic Zero is like $5 a pint here so I haven't bothered with it...I don't eat ice cream very often but when I crave it, I buy the single serving Ben & Jerry's...still kinda pricy, but at least it's only one serving! :)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Ciao Bella blood orange sorbet! It's pricey, but VERY good!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad ice cream gives me headaches. Then I don't eat it at all.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tried the mint chocolate chip and I really liked it....at Kings Sooper they aren't as much as B&J.....
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream. I tried two flavors - chocolate and vanilla-maple. Vanilla-maple was just barely tolerable. Chocolate was so bad I threw away the container after only a few spoonfuls.

150 calories PER PINT....and it tastes like it, too. VERY disappointed....

Ah well. Back to coconut milk/soy Purely Decadent. *sigh*

The Artic Zero is like $5 a pint here so I haven't bothered with it...I don't eat ice cream very often but when I crave it, I buy the single serving Ben & Jerry's...still kinda pricy, but at least it's only one serving! :)

I tried the mint chocolate chip and I really liked it....at Kings Sooper they aren't as much as B&J.....