Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 20

We are moving right along here through the days of our Valentine's Challenge! For everyone who has been working towards their goals from the beginning - KEEP IT UP! We are getting closer to the end! For those that have inquired what this challenge is about - we each set individual FITNESS goals for ourselves and check in here daily with our progress, with struggles, with new ideas... There are still 25 days to go in our challenge. You are welcome to join us at any time!

Yesterday I filled in 3 more squares on my chart. I know, elementaryish. But, hey! Whatever works! I rode my bike for 36 minutes at a moderate pace, did an episode of Shimmy from FitTV (bellydancing), and I did indeed manage to get in my eight waters. There are alot of great sales going on right now so if I can manage to fill up my chart I might have to buy a couple pieces of clothing this week - you know, doing so great my first week of using it and all. :wink:

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a Beautiful Day!!!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    We are moving right along here through the days of our Valentine's Challenge! For everyone who has been working towards their goals from the beginning - KEEP IT UP! We are getting closer to the end! For those that have inquired what this challenge is about - we each set individual FITNESS goals for ourselves and check in here daily with our progress, with struggles, with new ideas... There are still 25 days to go in our challenge. You are welcome to join us at any time!

Yesterday I filled in 3 more squares on my chart. I know, elementaryish. But, hey! Whatever works! I rode my bike for 36 minutes at a moderate pace, did an episode of Shimmy from FitTV (bellydancing), and I did indeed manage to get in my eight waters. There are alot of great sales going on right now so if I can manage to fill up my chart I might have to buy a couple pieces of clothing this week - you know, doing so great my first week of using it and all. :wink:

Have a Beautiful Day!!!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Happy Three Day Weekend - well, for those that have one :smile: for those mothers (or stay at home dads) out there: you get one less day this week to get other stuff done :wink:

How are those calendars looking? Full of checks or stars? Mine has a "YES!" on each day I did my 1/2 veggies plate challenge - and only one frown - it looks very silly - but it keeps me on track.

Yesterday was a 45 min elliptical, 15 min weights and 10 min stretch.

Have a beautiful day!

Mary
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Today we will take our son sledding & then I'm retiring to the kitchen to make some healthy snacks to eat while we watch the Giants game tonight. I'm actually trying a boneless wing recipe I found @ Hungrygirl.com. I'll report back after we've tried it. This is my second day in a row without structured exercise & I can honestly say I miss it but giving my body a break is a good thing. GO GIANTS!!!!:drinker:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi all, you all sound like you are doing great, Niccole I might have to take a page out of your book and make a chart. I find I'm not paying as much attention to my water intake and my body is telling me so. Today is going to be my day off unless one of my daughters get ambitious. I really need to get some housework done in my room. So I'm going thru all the clothes that no longer fit and bagging them up to give to the salvation army. Not that I have a lot of clothes to replace them but I just need to get them out of the room. Well everyone have a great day. I have a long weekend, our school has the next two days off.~karen
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :flowerforyou: Nicole...what kinds of things should I have on my chart. I only put my exercise stuff on my chart but it sounds like you have more on yours? Should my chart be somewhat like yours? I am getting in all my exercise 6 days a week....I take Saturdays off as this is the day I have sooooo much going on that I don't even have time for a breath...I'm trying to let go of some of this stuff but it takes time to get out of committments. Thanks for your advice. Hugs from kckat96
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    You guys a so funny, 'oh, I'm taking today off, but going to spend the day cleaning!" :laugh: When do we get a day off from our off days that are full of twice as much work. I swear it's easier to workout! :tongue:

So I fell off track the end of the week. I splurged and got chinese for lunch friday, felt goss half-way through and threw the rest away. As a result, I had a pop to settle my stomach, but it was diet! I think my body paid the price for the cheat, I fell asleep on the couch by 9pm 'cause I still felt gross. I haven't had that much grease or single shot of high calories in a while. My husband had to drag me to bed around 10:30, then our son woke up at 4am! Crazy night :noway:

I am re-dedicating starting today! I just did 40 min on gazelle and want to do my 60 min aerobic/ resistance this evening. I can't believe we still have so much time left until V-day; that's very reassuring!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    OK, I made a beautiful spreadsheet incentive chart. I'm counting weight training, spin class, water and my vitamins (which I always forget to take, yet feel better if I have). If I was "perfect", I'd fill in 20 spots a week, so I'm rewarding for 18. I think I smell a manicure coming my way. . .

Anyway, today is a light day, so a 30 minute walk and some light, stretching yoga.

Also, I'm intentionally going over on my calories today. I've been under my calories for three weeks (since Christmas) and I'm trying to shock the old body into dropping these last few pounds.

Happy Sunday, ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: Nicole...what kinds of things should I have on my chart. I only put my exercise stuff on my chart but it sounds like you have more on yours? Should my chart be somewhat like yours? I am getting in all my exercise 6 days a week....I take Saturdays off as this is the day I have sooooo much going on that I don't even have time for a breath...I'm trying to let go of some of this stuff but it takes time to get out of committments. Thanks for your advice. Hugs from kckat96

Oh you guys! I really feel silly with this chart I made. Mine has the days of the week across the top and three rows - ride bike, dvd/show, 8 waters. As I'd REALLY slacked off on all of those areas I commited to doing them EVERY day. At the bottom I wrote "Earn 20 stickers - buy a new piece of clothing." So, since there are 21 squares on the paper I could miss one square in a week and still be okay. This is my commitment for 2 weeks. After that I might change my expectations or add something else - like take vitamins (which I'm pretty good about but do forget) or eat so many servings of veggies (which I really slack on). Anyway, it's helpful for me to have a visual to remind me of what I need to do. I can't go to bed if I don't have my stickers! I guess if it's helpful for someone else, too, I'm glad.

(((HUGS)))
    Niccole