pounds into ounces

I'm having a hard time figuring out how many oz's is a pound and how to figure it out i have eaten is there an easy why to this.

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Put a note on the wall so that you'll find it when you need it. 16 ounces = one pound in all cases.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    16 oz to a pound.

I use Google for conversions. For example, running a search for "5oz to lbs" returns "5 ounces = 0.3125 pounds" at the top of the list. "5lbs to oz" returns "5 pounds = 80 ounces".
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Put a note on the wall so that you'll find it when you need it. 16 ounces = one pound in all cases.

Not always. Sometimes 16 oz = 2 cups, one pint, or half a quart.:happy:
  • slieber
    For pounds, it's always. For others, not always. But the question was for POUNDS.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    The problem is that an ounce is both a unit of mass and of weight, and they are only equal when it comes to water (I think). 8oz of chicken is a half pound, but it is NOT a cup of chicken. However 8oz of water is a half pound AND a cup of water.

So generally when referring to something solid, oz is a unit of measurement and 16oz = 1 pound. When referring to liquids, ounce is a unit of volume and 8oz = 1 cup.
  • slieber
    Yes. I agree. The original question was quite specific though - - - it was for pounds.