Finally introducing

Options
Hi

I started here a couple of weeks ago but hadn't made it to the forums yet. I I've joined a gym recently and started logging and blogging my food intakes. I've gained a lot of weight since I stopped smoking earlier in 2011 and I'm determined to get back to the size I was this time last year, or smaller. I gained about 40 pounds in a year. Truly scary. I want to find a new way of living healthier not just a fad diet. Anyway I'm 34 and from New Zealand. My husband has a lot more weight to lose than I do but he's currently going through quitting smoking first (just over the 2 week mark and he was a HEAVY smoker). I'm proud of him and want to inspire him to lose weight when he sees me do it :-) I think I've almost persuaded him the Dr Oz magic breakfast smoothies are a good idea.

Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking, you and your husband. Taking care of your body is so important and I'm glad to see you and your hubby on the right track! Good luck!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome. well done on giving up smoking. good luck with losing the weight you want to. you will get alot of support here.
    feel free to add me if you like.
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I've eaten far too much over the last couple of days, Christmas is hard. But I'm going to get straight back on track now.