Fitness New Years Resolutions

Options
2»

Replies

• lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I created a 2012 Kick-*kitten* Lifestyle List... it originally was my Bucket List for 2012 - the kinds of things that I wanted to do prior to 2012 being long gone! :laugh: Anyway... some of my things were:

1) Climb the 1048 steps to the top of KoKo Head in Honolulu HI
    3) Jog/Run a 5K without needing to stop to rest
    5) Try Snowbiking
    6) Walk on the Glacier at GNP before it melts and disappears
    9) Learn to do Hula dancing...
    22) Learn to Meditate

I know meditating may seem not to be fitness related, but everything I read makes me believe that it will relate.

In the end... what I can say is that I am so looking forward to 2012! I absoluely can NOT wait to start crossing things off on my list!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012:

~Survive the Apocalypse
    ~Learn to run faster (in case the apocalypse comes in the form of zombies)
    ~Gain some muscle (in case I need to fight other survivors for food)
    ~Learn to meditate and do yoga (it's stressful surviving the apocalypse)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 lbs since I arrived here (and by here I mean where I live, not MFP), in May, and I've managed to keep it off. Starting today my diary will be opened again and I will be more cautious of what I am eating. I plan on losing another 15-20lbs before the next PFA so I will never have to be taped again. i also paln on continuing with my weight training, and running as well. Like I said on my profile, if I can go on a 3.6-4 mile run with our security PT in the morning, I can certainly run a 5K. So, time to focus on running.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I am hoping to complete the c25k. And complete my first 5k on Mother's day. I also want to ride my bike to work/school if it is above 50 degrees and sunny :)
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals for 2012 are to cycle 100km in a day, ride the Great Victorian Bike Ride, ride the first two days of Ride for Sight (can't do the last two days due to future daughter-in-law's hen's party), and build my core strength.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Mine are fitness goals rather then resolutions - complete first duathlon - March, pb in half marathon May and complete my first ironman setember, which means a massive achievement for me on the swimming side of fitness.
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals for 2012:

weight train
    strengthen my core
    lose 15lbs
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    To lose 70/90lbs and do race for life with my 8yr old daugther i beat breast cancer this yr so i will beat the weight this yr
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lose 80% of the excess weight
    Tone down the sarcasm
    Figure out what direction I want my life to go in, and make changes toward that.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Lose 80% of the excess weight
    Tone down the sarcasm
    Figure out what direction I want my life to go in, and make changes toward that.

Hahah AWESOME! I need to do that second one too. No one gets my sarcasm ...or my jokes for that matter. lol I think my funny bone grew in crooked.

Life direction is always a good thing to have. Good luck, hun! :D
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    2012 goals (not really resolutions)
    -Buy a great pair of running shoes and complete a 5k without walking.
    -Compete in a warrior dash (and finish)
    -have a flatter tummy by October when I go to Ireland! (super excited!)
    -try to incorporate veggies and fruits in my diet. (hates veggies and fruits)
    -dance my booty off new years eve into new years of 2013 and laugh in the face of the so-called "Apocalypse"
  • lenny776
    Options
    My biggest goal is to not gain back the 33 pounds that I have lost. I would also like to work my way up to a half marathon. I have signed up for the Tough Mudder challenge in SoCal next summer and HAVE to complete it!
  • darsh11
    Options
    I don't make resolutions, but my goals are simple. I am going to do a race every month whether it is a 5K, 10K, half marathon, or triathlon. This will keep me training and on a great nutrition plan.

January 1- 5k Resolution Run
    February- 26 Disney Princess Half Marathon
    March- Finish Lion 5k
    April- 5k run of my choice
    May- Iron Girl Trialthon
    June- Pt Solutions trialthon
    July- Tri to Remember
    August- PT solutions Women's Trialthon
    September- Lake Lanier Triathlon
    October- 5k of my choice
    November- Nights of lights 5K
    December- Peachtree Corners Christmas 10K
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I don't believe in new year resolutions but my goals are to see my abs & to look more muscular.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Mine looks fairly small but is rather huge for me. To be able to walk 50 meters without dislocating or fainting :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I will be shaking up my workouts by joining a gym. I will be working on my endurance, so i can do my schools 5k in under 30mins next year. Starting the couch 2 5k over.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012:
    -Lose 2% body fat so I'm "athletic" and not "acceptable"
    -Eat a more balance diet (& get hubby to do it too)
    -Better manage stress level
    -Get more/better sleep during the night
    -not eat all the time (mentally. I'm not hungry but I still want to eat)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    My resolution/goals are to keep losing and working out. I want to do a 5K this year as well be able to ride a regular bike with my husband.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    No one got my Zombie Apocalypse joke. Oy, I suck at humor.
  • 1) 20 push ups in a row.
    2) Run 3 miles in under 30 minutes
    3) Complete my first triathlon.