Should I call it quits today?

Options
Ive eaten all of my calories in the form of candy and pie (i know.. Oops...). It's 3:30pm. Should I stop eating for the day and resume eating again tomorrow morning or have a light dinner?

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I think it depends... are you hungry? Do you feel icky and stuffed? Maybe just drink water the rest of the day. But, since it's Christmas, are you with friends & family? If so, you may want to have some more snacks... give yourself a treat in that case, if you feel like that's what you really want.
  • Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    How about a good bowl of oatmeal and fruit?
  • Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    How about a good bowl of oatmeal and fruit?
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Look Peppers, its Christmas. Ive had 2 servings of pie today. So what. Its only 1 day. Eat whatever you want today. But, back on track with a vengance tommorrow, OK.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Im currently at almost 800 cals over for the day. I intend to have what i want for the rest of the day.

Then, tomorrow, back on it again. No big deal :D
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same place with Monster. I'm at 751 calories OVER my goal today. Yesterday I was 951 OVER my goal. I'm not sure I am completely done for the day, but I don't feel guilty. I celebrated Christmas both days with different families, and I think I am allowed to enjoy myself and not worry about all the food. I wasn't going to record my food at all because I knew it was bad and I didn't want to feel guilty. But I chose to anyway to see just how bad I had done. The positive thing is, it helps me remind myself how bad I could eat and how much better I've been doing. It also shows me how every little thing adds up.

I'm just telling myself it is back to the grind tomorrow. I say eat if you want to. Enjoy yourself.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    At 69 lbs lost, I think you can do whatever you want to do on Christmas Day! Congrats! :drinker:
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry - don't eat. I wish I'd listened to that bit of advice myself. I overeat by far too much so I am uncomfortable. Haven't done that in such a long time. whew.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today is my free day. I'm not even logging. But I've been suprised at my actions. With the exception of breakfast I've done really well. So just return tomorrow and get it going again. As one of my mentors says... "If you never have stuff you enjoy, then when will you ever be happy" The point is to know when to say when and seeing how much you've lost I really think you know what to do. Enjoy your Christmas, I for one am proud of you! Lee
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just embrace and enjoy the day. it's one day, and likely a special one. eat something healthy later if you feel hungry...and then do your best to get on track tomorrow.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    ****Opens bottle of wine and brings two glasses to the table**** Lets sit down and talk about this! It's Christmas, enjoy yourself, I'll help you kick your *kitten* tomorrow!
  • kegonzales
    Options
    I'm eating what I want and will start tomorrow off with a workout and a visit to MFP to make sure I plan accordingly. Merry Christmas!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Like the majority of folk here, forget your eating plan, tomorrow you can go back to the disipline(sp)...after all, why are we here. You've got to live....It's not as if everyday you're over, and just a few days on track....enjoy...:-}
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same here, over 1000 cals over today and yesterday. Oh my!!! I think I will also be skipping the scale this week and working out hard. I dont even want to know what happened to the scale this weekend, but it sure was good!