Tummy after losing 60+ pounds

Options
Hey everyone! I'm at 40 pounds lost and have 20-30 till I reach my goal! I'm starting to want to get my stomach toned and flat since it is shrinking a lot! I'm curious though if anyone had there stomach go back to "normal" and look great in a bikini or ect after so much weight loss? I have not had any kids so I have not stretched those muscles too much, just looking forward to wearing a bikini this summer!! Any feedback or pictures are really appriciated!!! Thank u!!!

Replies

• fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • perty09
    perty09 Posts: 58
    Options
    bump
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i've lost almost fifty and i have ten more to go...so i'm not quite in the same boat as you...but i have had a kid too sos my gut has been through the ringer! I don't know if my stomach is "normal" or if it meets the standards of a supermodel, but it's smaller than it's ever been. The skin is a little loose- not like hanging down when i'm standing up loose, but like if I'm bent over (on all fours for example) it hangs down more than I'd like....maybe that's true even for skinny people. I dunno.

But i would say that yes, it's possible to get your stomach looking bikini ready after that weight loss. Our bodies are designed to have babies and bounce back. It can be done! That being said, i think we have to think about muscles, fat, and skin. Fat you are slayin! Muscles you can tighten with proper exercise. As for skin, i honestly think putting moisturizing lotions and oils on your belly regularly helps. Maybe it increases elasticity with the oils, or maybe the regular massage increases blood flow. I'm not sure but it's how I got my belly to bounce back after pregnancy and it's something I continue to practice today.

I also don't have any stretch marks (again, cuz i always liked to use lotion on my belly it prevented marks when i was preggo!) so I am not sure how to deal wtih those other than finding scar reducing lotions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!