I've had the oddest day foodwise

Options
I'm feeling pleased, and yet confused, and possibly concerned!

For breakfast I had one piece of toast with peanut butter and a cup of tea, another tea during my morning shift at work, a ham and pineapple roll from the baker for lunch, 2 cranberry cookies with another tea for afternoon tea, and then 3 homemade tacos for dinner. I bought a gorgeous looking new hot chocolate mix for special treats (I don't do low cal/fat food, I have the full sugar/cream/etc stuff, and make an effort to really enjoy the flavour and the sense of it, and just don't have other things later), and cherry chocolate bar.

Upon getting home from my parents' house where I had dinner, I entered the tacos in and was sure my calories for the day would all be used up, if not exceeded, yet I still had 490 available! So I've just thoroughly enjoyed a hot chocolate (the new cocoa mix was divine ;) ) and the chocolate bar, and not exceeded my calories.

I haven't felt hungry at all today, and so I'm worried I've gone over without realising, even though I've been completely honest when putting in what I've eaten, and the calories.

It's bizzare...

xx

Replies

• LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pleased, and yet confused, and possibly concerned!

For breakfast I had one piece of toast with peanut butter and a cup of tea, another tea during my morning shift at work, a ham and pineapple roll from the baker for lunch, 2 cranberry cookies with another tea for afternoon tea, and then 3 homemade tacos for dinner. I bought a gorgeous looking new hot chocolate mix for special treats (I don't do low cal/fat food, I have the full sugar/cream/etc stuff, and make an effort to really enjoy the flavour and the sense of it, and just don't have other things later), and cherry chocolate bar.

Upon getting home from my parents' house where I had dinner, I entered the tacos in and was sure my calories for the day would all be used up, if not exceeded, yet I still had 490 available! So I've just thoroughly enjoyed a hot chocolate (the new cocoa mix was divine ;) ) and the chocolate bar, and not exceeded my calories.

I haven't felt hungry at all today, and so I'm worried I've gone over without realising, even though I've been completely honest when putting in what I've eaten, and the calories.

It's bizzare...

xx
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen before too. Some foods are a real surprise, calorie-wise (usually it's in the opposite direction, though!:explode: ) But I've had days where I'm sure I've pigged out, and still end up under or right at. Those are good days, and make you realize shaving calories off your daily diet really isn't that hard! :happy:
  • PixieFire
    Options
    I've had days where i haven't used all my cals and i'm just not hungry at the end of the day. I am sort of wondering about that ham and pineapple roll you ate. Where did you get the calorie info for that? Is it accurate? It just seems to me that based on the things you ate 490 is a LOT to have left. But, then again, if these truly were low cal foods, WAY TO GO!!!

-Pixie
  • LMRoses
    Options
    The roll came from a chain bakery, and I looked the nutrition information up on the company website, so aside from obvious individual variations due to the baking process, it should be fairly accurate.

I"m still a little worried, I've gone over..but hoping maybe my body is adjusting to less food. Hmm...

xx
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

I"m still a little worried, I've gone over..but hoping maybe my body is adjusting to less food. Hmm...

xx

i am worried you are not drinking enough water girl! :noway: tea is NOT a replacement for water.
  • LMRoses
    Options
    *smacks her wrist* I know..I'm terrible with water..a few weeks ago it was easy because it was so hot, but the weather has cooled and so tea and hot chocolate are involved.

And I've just eaten four servings of rocky road chocolate and 4 oreos...oh dear

*packs her gym gear and grabs the ipod*

xx
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    *smacks her wrist* I know..I'm terrible with water..a few weeks ago it was easy because it was so hot, but the weather has cooled and so tea and hot chocolate are involved.

And I've just eaten four servings of rocky road chocolate and 4 oreos...oh dear

*packs her gym gear and grabs the ipod*

xx

you silly thing. you need to drink water. i have heard people add some fresh lemon. i love water really cold. i like using the 16oz bottles (dont forget to recycle!) and make sure i drink one before 9am, another before 11, and 2-3 more before i leave work. i always bring one to the gym and drink one with dinner.

water flushes out the toxins you have in your body. it flushes sodium too so you dont retain water. tea can dehydrate you if you dont drink enough water to go along with it. you will see a JUMP in your weight loss if you try to drink at least 8 cups a day ~ thats only 4 16oz bottles!

good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • LMRoses
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I've seen others suggest it and I never think to give it a go, but I think I will :) I'll let you know how it goes.

xx