2»

Replies

• ImJDLookatME
    Options
    bump
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    your ticker says you started at 127 and now weigh 122? At 127# I think you should've focused more on becoming healthier and exercising more, not losing weight...
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I actually got the, "You're too skinny" speech this weekend!! I actually REALLY think that the people around me that haven't seen my “progress in motion” are used to seeing me with some extra pounds. My whole life I have always been at least just a little over-weight, so now that I am actually starting to look lean and healthy, for them it's a shocker :) .... I brush it off knowing that what I am doing is healthy, and done in a GOOD WAY!!! Keep up the great work - Stay strong and lean :)

Jenn
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I lift so I doubt I'd get that "too skinny" look. Too skinny to me is the look that some people with eating disorders get when they flat out don't eat. Looking at your pics, you are far from it.

Fill out that saggy skin with muscle. Ladies, you need to lift weights

I do, but I don't lift with my face! :laugh:
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lift so I doubt I'd get that "too skinny" look. Too skinny to me is the look that some people with eating disorders get when they flat out don't eat. Looking at your pics, you are far from it.

I do, but I don't lift with my face! :laugh:

true sister!!!!!
  • jennabellaxoxo
    Options
    your ticker says you started at 127 and now weigh 122? At 127# I think you should've focused more on becoming healthier and exercising more, not losing weight...

122 is a weight I like myself at...127 is a weight I dont like myself at...
  • jennabellaxoxo
    Options

Jeff, thanks for the post, but after you carry around 3, 9 lb turkeys in youtr stomach for 10 months at a time I would like to see you fill out your stretched stomach skin with muscle..lol!!!!

I kid!

But seriously I am developing a six pack under my loose skin...I check it out all the time, while holding my skin up!!! lol!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You look great in your pics! Wish I looked that great!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I definitely get the older thing. Not that people look at me and say 'you look old'. But its more the shock when they find out Im 22. Most people guess really late 20s, early 30s.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've started to look closer to my age which is super scary and nice all at the same time.

I'll take looking older and being healthy over being fat, unhappy and looking like a teenager.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have the same sort of issues, I have a lot of extra skin in my middle, that even after years hasn't gone away. I do like the way my face looks when I'm heavier, and when I lost weight I got wrinkles on my face--I feel like if my face were rounder, they'd go away. I feel much better than when I was quite heavy, so it makes it worth it, but it's still really frustrating sometimes.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Even if you haven't had kids, if you've lost a lot of weight, you're probably not going to fill in the extra skin around your hips and waist with muscle. Arms and legs maybe, but not the midsection.

But seriously I am developing a six pack under my loose skin...I check it out all the time, while holding my skin up!!! lol!

I had something similar for a while, extra skin and viable abs, it looked really weird on me.
  • jennabellaxoxo
    Options
    I had something similar for a while, extra skin and viable abs, it looked really weird on me.

Its a trip...when I show people they freak! like "huh....under your charpay of a tummy your cut"!!!!!

I first noticed it b/c i started getting a V down low...and I thought well why would I have a V but no stomach definition...welp...its there and I didnt even know it!