Don't like what I see still!!

Options
I'v been losing weight and m down 12 kgs in total, 8 thru MFP and 4 on independent diet (before i registered here).... My schedule doesn't have space for a gym workout, so my mode of exercise is a treadmill run (45 mins) and light training weights at home (4 times a week). My problem is, that even with the kilos off, I dun like what i see... i fit into a smaller size, but it's what's under the clothes that ruins it.... Stretch marks have appeared on my abdomen and my skin doesn't feel tight at all.... This also alters my perception about my weight loss.. while people say that they see a significant difference, when i stand naked in front of the mirror, all i see is the same fat person from 12 kgs ago... feel demotivated and anxious to drop the kilos quickly before i fall of the wagon... anyone else with the same problem? :sad:

Replies

• brownidgirl35
    brownidgirl35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are talking about. I have lost 13 lbs on my own before I signed up for MFP. The weight loss has made my stretch marks more apparant as well. My bra is fitting correctly either but that makes the rest of me seem bigger. We cannot give up though! It will be too amazing to complete our goal. My sister told me that coco butter lotion is very good for smoothing out stretch marks...she used that lotion after each of her children were born. A friend of mine also swears by the coco butter lotion for stretch marks. I have purchased it and began using it just yesterday. I look forward to talking with you! :bigsmile:
  • karishmaroye
    karishmaroye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You gotta tell me if it works... I just can't wait for my belly button to stop looking like a frown.... that's why i'm soo anxious to drop the weight quickly, and reach a place where i'm slightly more comfortable with myself... like honestly, my aim is not to be skinny, it is to be healthy (whatever that may mean or look like)... but it just seems like i have to take a whole person out of myself in order to get where i should be, and that is overwhelming...
    I understand what you are talking about. I have lost 13 lbs on my own before I signed up for MFP. The weight loss has made my stretch marks more apparant as well. My bra is fitting correctly either but that makes the rest of me seem bigger. We cannot give up though! It will be too amazing to complete our goal. My sister told me that coco butter lotion is very good for smoothing out stretch marks...she used that lotion after each of her children were born. A friend of mine also swears by the coco butter lotion for stretch marks. I have purchased it and began using it just yesterday. I look forward to talking with you! :bigsmile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Continue eating well and get the vitamins that help with the skin issue. In good time things will catch up! We have to stay positive when dieting down because a positive mind gives positive results!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i totally agree!