Bouncing Around

Options
I am bouncing all over the scale. I weigh myself in the morning each time, but it ranges from up 3 to down 4 to up 1 to down 2. I have been very good with my diet, only going over one day, and just by 12 calories. I eat my exercise calories, and have been working out 3-4 times a week. Is this normal? I am really frustrated!

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am bouncing all over the scale. I weigh myself in the morning each time, but it ranges from up 3 to down 4 to up 1 to down 2. I have been very good with my diet, only going over one day, and just by 12 calories. I eat my exercise calories, and have been working out 3-4 times a week. Is this normal? I am really frustrated!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Considering that you just started this month give it more time. Before you think about changing what you are doing up a bit.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yes, it is very normal. Every day we can gain or lose up to 7 lbs of weight from water retension and waste accumulation.

I normally recommend weighing yourself no more then 1 time per week, and even then, it should only be for historical metric purposes. I.E. if you take 6 weights over 6 weeks, and look at the trend (up or down or level) you can see what your progress is, trying to figure out if this is working using any time period under a month at a minimum is an exercise in frustration. You need a large enough sample size in order to see if something is working.

I know it's frustrating to have to wait so long, but our bodys change slowly, and trying to force more results out of it quickly is just going to skew the results, not help.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher, too (I know, I know...stop throwing things at me...), and this happens to me once in awhile. Sometimes, even if I'm within my cals, the scale will bounce b/c I ate something that was too high in sodium a couple DAYS before or I've noticed that refined sugar effects it, too.

I know it is frustrating, but it is part of the process unfortunately. Don't give up! Keep making healthy choices & the scale will soon behave. :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher too and I hate that I do it. Earlier this week salt and I had a misunderstanding and I was up 3 lbs. Now I am back down again and keeping away from salt as much as possible. I also know that I hav been working out harder and actually have some biceps. Since muscle is dender than fat, I am shrinking in size but not losing as much.

All I know is that over the long run I have lost weight and definately lost size. Both of these are good things
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im a daily weigher but I dont have much an issue in regards to the scale bouncing numbers....make sure that if your weighing after the shower that your hair is dry....also if the weight doesnt seem to be comng off play with your excercise calories..especially if your not hungry ..you could try to eat only half of them and see what happens....sodium is a big factor as well we tend to over look....you might also have to bump up your routine...I change my excercise routine daily so my body really doesnt know what to expect.:drinker: