Shoulder pain

Options
I guess I swam too much recently. With all those holiday foods, I was deperate to make sure I burn enough calories to make up for all the forbidden treats. I last swim last Tuesday -- usually swim 3 or 4 times a week but the last couple weeks, it been more like 5 or 6 times a week.

For the last 3 years, I take Mobic on daily basis to control my chonic back pain (from car accient 12 years ago.) Mobic is an anti-antiflamtory med and it works very well to control my pains. Every now and then, if I need to, I can take naproxen without conflicting with Mobic and it works for the most part. Seems naproxen didln't help this time.

Anyone have any good home remedies that I can try before heading to doc?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,600 Member
    Options
    I'd try resting it for a day or two to see if it gets better on its own. I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I'd try resting it for a day or two to see if it gets better on its own. I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
    I last swam was last Tuesday when it first happened..
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,600 Member
    Options
    I last swam was last Tuesday when it first happened..
    I totally glossed over that part. You've done what I would suggest: rest and anti-inflammatories. Maybe it is time to call the doctor. It's so hard to know! :grumble:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know. Shoulder pain can be a symptom of other things also, some very serious. Hopefully you listen to your body. If this pain is different than normal you should be calling the doc asap.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Depending on your doc, he may send you to a physical therapist. If so, take him/her up on that. You'll usually need to do PT before they would order an MRI or discuss surgery anyways. I am unfortunately a veteran at shoulder problems/PT. Surgery 3yrs ago was terrible and the problem still isnt fixed - doing PT again now. Do everything you can to avoid surgery! Shoulders are very complicated. A good PT can probably get you back on the right track, then see where it goes from there.