sticking to a regular work out plan

Options
i am starting up a regular work out plan but with todays hectic life, how do i fit it all in? is 30 minutes a day 3 times a week enough to tone up? i am on my feet all day at work so i do get some moderate exercise pretty much all day. am i better off working out early in the AM or after work? i'm in retail so i have kind of a crazy schedule. how do you stay on track even after a long day at work?
thanks in advance!
Jo

Replies

• gemigirl68
    gemigirl68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i am starting up a regular work out plan but with todays hectic life, how do i fit it all in? is 30 minutes a day 3 times a week enough to tone up? i am on my feet all day at work so i do get some moderate exercise pretty much all day. am i better off working out early in the AM or after work? i'm in retail so i have kind of a crazy schedule. how do you stay on track even after a long day at work?
    thanks in advance!
    Jo
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I always find that my evenings get eaten up with things, making dinner, drivingthe kids somewhere, laundry, housework. I get up early in the morning and go to the gym. Then I have done my work out for the day and everything else can happen.

That is what works for my life.
  • new_Kendra
    Options
    I like to sleep as late as possible, so I do my work-out at night after my son goes to bed at 8:30. Plus, a good hard workout helps me sleep all night avoiding those trips to the fridge through out the night.

Good luck!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    If I don't workout during the day, I won't workout at all. I have a gym at work, and I take about 1.5 hours in the middle of my day to workout. If I didn't have that gym, I'd have to leave from work and go straight to the gym b/c if I went home first and told myself I'd do it later, I know I never would! Once I'm home, I'm home!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    For me I dont allow myself any television until I do my workout I am pretty strict with this. Also I consider it a promise to myself.:drinker: ..30minutes 3 times a week is ok but if your capable of it and trying to lose weight I suggest shooting for 60minutes 3-5 times a week. Good luck:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I wrote a post a while back that answers how I stay on track. Here it is.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13618-the-dying-art-of-will-power
  • Chris0971
    Options
    I work for the police department and I sit in front of my desk on the computer and phones all day. I have recently purchased for myself a small bicycle peddle and a air climber that I can use while at my desk 5 days a week. I sit in my chair and use the bicycle peddles for an 1 hour in the morning and the air climber for an hour in the afternoon after lunch giving me 2 hours total of working out while never leaving my desk. I highly suggest this for anyone who sits in front of a desk every day. I can work out while working and not skip a beat. It's awesome!!
  • gemigirl68
    gemigirl68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful advice!!
    Jo
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I used to break my work-out into two 20-30 minute sessions per day. It was great because it didn't feel like such a chore to get started. If I knew I was staring down an hour of it, I'd have avoided it altogether. This kept it manageable.

It also boosted my energy in the afternoon when I really needed it.

Now I've gone back to work full-time so I get up at 5AM and I'm in the gym by 6:15. That gives me an hour and a half to exercise, shower and get to work.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I work for the police department and I sit in front of my desk on the computer and phones all day. I have recently purchased for myself a small bicycle peddle and a air climber that I can use while at my desk 5 days a week. I sit in my chair and use the bicycle peddles for an 1 hour in the morning and the air climber for an hour in the afternoon after lunch giving me 2 hours total of working out while never leaving my desk. I highly suggest this for anyone who sits in front of a desk every day. I can work out while working and not skip a beat. It's awesome!!

This is really interesting. Where did you get the peddle?