Insanity

Options
Why is the Insanity workout so expensive? Is it worth it?

Replies

• lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine burned it to a cd for me - I hated it! Probably bc it was so hard and I had a really hard time keeping up with it. I did it for 7 days and then I stopped. I did burn about 350-400 calories in 45 minutes or so that I did it. It's not for everyone - my girlfriend loved it! She did the full 60 days and she said she toned up all over (she is super skinny, but now totally toned and has insane muscle definition). See if you can Youtube it and try some of the exercises before you decide if you want to purchase the whole thing or not.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We got it as a gift and did up to week 5. I liked it at first, challenging but not impossible, but after a while I just got bored. I'm cheap so I don't know if it's worth the price. I saw endurance results but NO physical results or weight loss on the scale.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I just depends on what you like as far as exercise goes. If you like a Boot Camp style then this is for you. This is not for beginners though. So if you're just starting out it will kill you and you'll probably hate it. If you're already in good shape and just ready for a new challenge or ready to take it to the next level then this will kick your butt.

It's not the most fun program and I'm struggling with it because I kinda of dread the workouts. They're HARD! But I also want the bragging rights to say I completed it. It would be a major accomplishment for me.

If you want to have fun and get an equally (maybe even better) burn then try TURBO FIRE. It's amazing, super fun, and TOTALLY worth the $$$. It's more choreographed but not super dance-y and the music is fantastic, which is really important to me.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Why is the Insanity workout so expensive? Is it worth it?

Insanity has several DVDs with it so a person who uses it as it is designed.. it is definitely worth it. I have done it and had great results. I know people who have "tried' it and have given up because it is too hard and they have issues with their knees, back, etc. and are not used to such a workout. I gave it the full 60 days and had really good results and still use it in my workouts today. It is definitely harder than any other cardio workout DVD I have done but if you are up for the challenge you won't regret it! Check out my transformation:

http://youtu.be/nTefXPYEY7E
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 6th week of Insanity. It is very challenging esp. for a older woman like me. It is very high impact and I have to modify to protect my knees. It also throws in push ups and such in the middle of struggling for air. It is actually repetitive so there is very little guess work as to the punishment that is coming. By the end, the "extras" in the background are laying on the floor exhausted. that ain't fake. It is a great calorie burn though. I like turbofire but it has a learning curve. Its hard to have a great calorie burn when you cant follow all the steps. I was having trouble with it before I started insanity. I bet it will be easier now. I only continue to do Insanity because I want to day I did it. (and I want the Tshirt). If you are just starting out, I would pick a easier dvd. Even though I like it, I think it is overpriced.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I purchased Supreme 90 DVD set. I have been told that it's very similar to Insanity or PX90, but much cheaper. I only paid $19.99 for the entire set. The workout are amazing.