Sweets

Options
Anybody else having this issue? I've been doing MFP since May 9th - and not had a lot of sweets, after eating a piece of cake on Christmas day, it just made me feel sick! I think my body doesn't respond to all that sugar any more, which is a good thing. I certainly will not be doing that again!

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    No idea. Ive had some sweets pretty much daily since i started, no reason not to, so they taste as good as they ever did! :D
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    Your body will adjust accordingly with your new diet. My mother cannot drink apple cider without getting all rattled. Your body just builds a tolerance when you do eat all that stuff.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    Too Sweet!

I find that since I’ve changed my lifestyle my taste has changed. I no longer like sweet tasting food or drinks. Since putting the wheat and sugars out of my diet, I’ve lost 145 pounds in the past 21 months. I don’t even care for foods sweetened with so called healthy sweeteners. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I don’t believe any sweeteners are good for you. It’s like an alcoholic drinking near-beer or a heroin addict on methadone.
    What a feeling of freedom I enjoy not being hooked on sweet stuff.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Your palete does change when you dont eat something for a while. Its the same with sodium if you cut that down.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i crave sweets but when i eat a lot of them i have sugar rush, i feel dizzy, that never happened to me before (and i ate a lot of sweets everyday)