Anyone have a vegetarian fudge recipe?

Options
sarahliftsUP
sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
A couple of years ago I made yummy creamy fudge using marshmallow fluff.. now I can't find it! Does anyone have a fudge recipe that works out well using marshmallow fluff?

Replies

• amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Search Fantasy Fudge online. If you buy the Kraft marshmallow fluff, it has a recipe on it, but I don't know if it is vegetarian. I'm trying to remember what is in it...It certainly wouldn't be vegan, but vegetarian probably.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I dont have but my friend uses the recipe on the back of the fluff jar...
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Some, but not all, marshmallow fluff contains gelatin and isn't vegetarian. As a previous poster noted, there are a ton of recipes for "fantasy fudge" that use fluff. As an alternative, you could, of course, always make proper fudge, which is sugar syrup, dairy, and chocolate. The advantage to this is that you get a great arm workout beating it.I've never tried this with alternative milks, but someday I'll get around to trying it with coconut milk for vegan fudge.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Some, but not all, marshmallow fluff contains gelatin and isn't vegetarian. As a previous poster noted, there are a ton of recipes for "fantasy fudge" that use fluff. As an alternative, you could, of course, always make proper fudge, which is sugar syrup, dairy, and chocolate. The advantage to this is that you get a great arm workout beating it.I've never tried this with alternative milks, but someday I'll get around to trying it with coconut milk for vegan fudge.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian or vegan? My recipe calls only for cocoa, butter, confectioner's sugar, melted semi-sweet chocolate and vanilla (although, IMHO, the peanut butter version is my fave). Not vegan, but definitely vegetarian.