Which weight scale to buy?

Options
I decided I'm going to have a digital weight scale at home. Usually I just weight myself at my health club but
now I only go the club in the evening.
Any scale would do or I have to look for a certain brand?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    wal mart...digital scale about $20....has been working great for awhile now
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have two scale and both came from Costco for under $30.

The first one is a Weight Watcher scale made by Conair which is relatively accurate.

The second one is a Bowflex that calculates your fat content...I got it specifically for this reason.

I like the Bowflex one better since it shows you your prior weigh in and tells you your BMI every time you get on the scale.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have two scale and both came from Costco for under $30.

The first one is a Weight Watcher scale made by Conair which is relatively accurate.

The second one is a Bowflex that calculates your fat content...I got it specifically for this reason.

I like the Bowflex one better since it shows you your prior weigh in and tells you your BMI every time you get on the scale.
    Bowflex is from Costco? I don't trust fat% from the scale but I like it b/c it keeps the prior weight.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went with a fairly expensive digital scale but would get a different reading each time I stepped on the scale....Im talking about within the same few minutes! I decided to go with the old timey scale the doctors have with the weights that slide across the top, and this one gives me the same reading unless I have gained or lost weight. Perhaps I just had a bad digital scale, since others are happy with theirs, but I like sliding the weight and watching it slide less and less each week! It also gets the reading up high for us older folks that have to have readers.

http://www.wholesalepoint.com/c-HealthOMeter-Balance-Beam-Scales.html
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Bowflex is from Costco? I don't trust fat% from the scale but I like it b/c it keeps the prior weight.
    [/quote]

Costco has been selling both of them for the New Years. I tried to find the Bowflex scale on Amazon and can't find it. I think the closest thing to what mine looks like is this: http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Bowflex-Regular-Athlete-400-Pounds/dp/B004WMEA12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324960012&sr=8-1