New to MFP!

Options
Greetings all! I have set a goal of losing 60 pounds and I am hoping that this site can help me do that. I lost 30 pounds back in 2009, kept part of it off, and now am setting out to lose more. I am a 27 year old teacher and need to get the weight off, once and for all. I look forward to learning from all of you :-)

Replies

• Angien113
    Options
    Hello All!! I am a 41yr old female who needs to lose about 80lbs. I have lost weight and gained it back so many times in my adult life and each time I was trying to lose it quickly. This time I am ready for a steady weight loss even if it is 1 or 2lbs a week. I really would like all the help and support I can get from all of you out there. I'm at 256lbs and would like to be 180 or 170.
  • thestillwitch
    thestillwitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also new here. I've lost weight a couple of times, but it was kinda incidental. Once, it started because I got sick for 2 weeks, lost ten pounds. By the time I got better, my ex-husband started a diet, so I just ate what he ate because it was cheaper and kept losing weight. I lost a total of 40 pounds that way, lol. The other time, I was broke, so I couldn't eat out or go barhopping anymore. Add that to chasing my sister's kids around all the time (I lived with them and was pretty much their 24/7 babysitter), I lost weight without even really noticing.

Unfortunately, I gained everything back when I moved out on my own, so I'm here hoping to learn how to actually lose weight on purpose!