2012 is the year for change

Options
Hi Guys,

My name is Lou, I'm 23, from England, and I've pretty much always struggled with my weight. I've never been massively overweight to the point where it has had potentially negative effects on my health, but I figure if I keep going the way I'm going without making healthy choices and adopting a more active lifestyle, then I could do later in life. My mum, her mum and her mum are/were on the heavy side, probably what doctors would call 'morbidly obese' (I hate that term) and I guess I want to change that trend for any kids, especially daughters, I might have when I'm older. I am currently 187lbs (at 5ft5) and the smallest I have ever been as an adult is 147lbs. Ideally I would like to get back down to this but I was 20 then and leading a very active life, at the moment my work is of a sedentary office nature and it is very difficult to get motivated, especially at this time of year when all you want to do is veg in front of the TV under a blanket. Does anybody have any seasoned advice on this? I think what I'm eating isn't a big deal, I have a very varied diet, maybe I could control my portions more, but I really think my main problem is the level of activity I'm doing and I think that's why, over the last 2 years, I've gained the 40lbs.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from you!

Lou

13833430.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies