Night Guard

Options
magichatter06
magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
I was just wondering if anybody here has to wear a night guard due to clenching/grinding?

I have been told by my dentist yesterday to try an otc one as I probably cannot afford a custom fit one and this is the one that I bought yesterday and tried last night...eh it was ok, but my front teeth were sore when I woke up
392198.jpg

but I'm thinking about trying this one because it doesn't look as bulky and I don't have to boil it first which is a plus...a little bit more expensive than the one above tho...

432198.jpg

Thoughts?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• magichatter06
    Options
    I was just wondering if anybody here has to wear a night guard due to clenching/grinding?

I have been told by my dentist yesterday to try an otc one as I probably cannot afford a custom fit one and this is the one that I bought yesterday and tried last night...eh it was ok, but my front teeth were sore when I woke up
    392198.jpg

but I'm thinking about trying this one because it doesn't look as bulky and I don't have to boil it first which is a plus...a little bit more expensive than the one above tho...

432198.jpg

Thoughts?:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I was told on Monday to pick one up as well!!!! I'm going to check some out this weekend! Good luck in finding one that works well for you. I'll let you know what I find.:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have the custom made one. It wasn't cheap but between my insurance and my husband's it was pretty much covered.

It works great, no sore teeth but I do get a really mungy taste in my mouth. If I try and talk with it in I sound like Sylvester the cat
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I've worn one for 18 years now, can't sleep without it.

It may take your teeth awhile to get used to your guard.

Good luck finding one! :flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Thanks! I'm pretty sure that my insurance doesn't cover anything that has to do with bite :ohwell:

And I'm pretty sure that I salivate (is that a word?) hah more than ever! I had drool coming out of my mouth lol :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm pretty sure that my insurance doesn't cover anything that has to do with bite :ohwell:

And I'm pretty sure that I salivate (is that a word?) hah more than ever! I had drool coming out of my mouth lol :grumble:

Yep. :laugh: I call mine my pacifier. :laugh:

If you suffer from headaches though, a night guard will help. If I travel & forget mine, I usually get bad headaches in a couple days. :explode:
  • magichatter06
    Options

Yep. :laugh: I call mine my pacifier. :laugh:

If you suffer from headaches though, a night guard will help. If I travel & forget mine, I usually get bad headaches in a couple days. :explode:

haha my bf was making fun of me last night... but I had a couple of fillings done in both sides and because of my clenching and my bite partially being not right it would make them sore when I would eat and sensitive!

I'm glad that you don't have any more headaches...that hasn't been an issue with me, thank goodness... just TOM headaches lol :blushing:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I've gone through 2 prefitted ones and still get bad, bad headaches. I don't know what else to do to relax at night-any ideas besides sex?:ohwell:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I've gone through 2 prefitted ones and still get bad, bad headaches. I don't know what else to do to relax at night-any ideas besides sex?:ohwell:

Keep that up and you'll be the hotmomof5:laugh:
  • magichatter06
    Options

Keep that up and you'll be the hotmomof5:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: