Emotional Eaters: Without out food how do you cope?

Options
2»

Replies

• jarylu
    Options
    You go one morsel at a time and don't beat yourself up if you mess up. Moving forward is the only way to go - one step at a time. Soon, you've done a mile...gone a month...lost a pound...or found your way back. Keep going...good luck
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would recommend seeking out a professional counselor. Overcoming the past of abuse and the loss of a loved one are two of the many factors that lead into depression. I'm so sorry you have walked a rough road but be encouraged that today isn't forever. Get some professional help because there are some things we cannot heal from on our own...we need outside help. We can run ourselves ragged trying to vent our anger, but when we realize we are running in a circle....it's time to figure out a new direction. Check out the Book "How to Forgive When You Don't Feel Like It" by June Hunt. It's the first step in learning to let go of the past.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you have the time I would suggest that you think of volunteering helping others in some way. The main thing is not to dwell on these horrors in your life, It seems when one turns their attention on the problems of others whether it be at a soup kitchen, retirement home or veterans hospital, it keeps the dark thoughts away. I am sorry you have had these terrible events in your life. Good luck to you. You do have the power to overcome them.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Running!

Pam
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I would recommend seeking out a professional counselor. Overcoming the past of abuse and the loss of a loved one are two of the many factors that lead into depression. I'm so sorry you have walked a rough road but be encouraged that today isn't forever. Get some professional help because there are some things we cannot heal from on our own...we need outside help. We can run ourselves ragged trying to vent our anger, but when we realize we are running in a circle....it's time to figure out a new direction. Check out the Book "How to Forgive When You Don't Feel Like It" by June Hunt. It's the first step in learning to let go of the past.

I agree with what is recommended in the above post. I suffer with severe depression on and off and the emotional eating that goes with that. But having someone to talk it out with is really freeing and to have the tools given to me to learn to cope and make changes to a mentally healthier person. Please friend me and feel free to come to me anytime you need a listening ear. Best of luck to you :0)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have tried therapy, but unfortunately I can't seem to tell a stranger my problems. I know they are there to help, but I feel like they will judge me. Working out has proven to give me some relief though.