Eat, but hungry a hour later

Hey,

So I know that protein and fiber fill you up, but lately I've been finding that I'll eat breakfast (3 pieces turkey bacon, coffee, and yogurt) and then I'm starving around 10:30 to the point I want to eat lunch. The same thing happens around 3:30pm. I've tried eating apples or veggies, but I just feel so hungry. I end up eating more than I should and then go over my calorie goal.

Help! Suggestions?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    turkey bacon is illegal ( or should be) and real bacon put a voodoo on your butt
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Drink a ton of water in the morning...I always have a glass before I eat, during, and maybe even one after. It helps keep me full until my morning snack
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Try eating some complex carbs like a piece of whole wheat bread with your bacon and drink lots of water.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Plan all of your meals and snacks for the day and pre-log everything so you won't go over. Give yourself a snack at 10:30 and 3:30. This has worked really well for me.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Sometimes I do eat my lunch around 10:30 or 11 in the morning if I feel like it, but I always drink a glass or two of water or tea with every meal - it makes me feel full a lot longer. I also chew gum and or eat a piece of fruit like an apple or banana if I really feel like I need to snack on something.
  • ive started making smoothies in the morning..a whey protein base with organic fruits such as raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. its delicious!! honestly, ive been full until lunch cause they fill me up so much! maybe give that a try?
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Plan out morning and afternoon snacks....a piece of fruit, serving of almonds, or a protein bar in the afternoon. I agree with the last poster, plan ahead and bring snacks. If you calculate it up and you have the calories..do it. I always pack two snacks for work and it helps me get through to lunch and then make it to dinner. Oh, and lots of water too....good luck.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Carbs are best in the morning..... then stick to meat and veggies later. Oatmeal, whole grain toast.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Try eating some complex carbs like a piece of whole wheat bread with your bacon and drink lots of water.

good idea...maybe add some oatmeal? as far as I know (I could be wrong) there's no fiber in bacon, coffee or yogurt, fiber helps me stay full longer.

You could just build in a mid morning snack, depending how long you go between breakfast and lunch ;)
  • Yes be sure to have two snacks during the day. I eat at 7, 10, 1, 4 and 6. It is amazing how much better you will feel :smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Hey,

So I know that protein and fiber fill you up, but lately I've been finding that I'll eat breakfast (3 pieces turkey bacon, coffee, and yogurt) and then I'm starving around 10:30 to the point I want to eat lunch.
    Maybe try some fiber? I'm fairly sure bacon, coffee, and yogurt don't have any.
  • carrie_eggo
    Hey,

So I know that protein and fiber fill you up, but lately I've been finding that I'll eat breakfast (3 pieces turkey bacon, coffee, and yogurt) and then I'm starving around 10:30 to the point I want to eat lunch.
    Maybe try some fiber? I'm fairly sure bacon, coffee, and yogurt don't have any.

I thought this too...maybe add a slice of whole wheat toast and eat the yogurt for a snack.
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    I've tried eating apples or veggies, but I just feel so hungry. I end up eating more than I should and then go over my calorie goal.

Help! Suggestions?

If I just eat an apple or veggies by themselves, they don't fill me up at all. How about adding a tablespoon of almond butter to your apple or dipping your veggies in hummus? Adds a lot of flavor and a little good fat, protein and fiber in the mix. And I agree with the other posts, lots of water with and between meals.
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    I agree- I don't think turkey bacon (lots of sodium) is the way to go with a yogurt. You need a good combo of carbs/proteins/fats. What about greek yogurt with a cup of high fiber cereal and some fruit? Or a few eggs or egg white with some whole wheat/high fiber bread?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I had this very same problem when I was eating 5 - 6 times per day and it started with Breakfast. Back in October I tried out Intermittent Fasting and found it worked for my schedule, haven't looked back since. Maybe check it out if you haven't heard of it before. www.leangains.com has some info.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    I want to suggest something that could be controversial....eat more fat at breakfast! It is fat, not fiber than satisfies you. Fat does NOT make you fat, processed carbs do.

Something to think about and google a bit!
  • Thanks for all the great advice! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I want to suggest something that could be controversial....eat more fat at breakfast! It is fat, not fiber than satisfies you. Fat does NOT make you fat, processed carbs do.

ya! real bacon
  • carrie_eggo
    Fat does NOT make you fat, processed carbs do.

Excess calories make you fat.
  • carrie_eggo

ya! real bacon

Try this:

funny_pictures_2985.jpg