My kind of social networking!

Options
Thanks to a wonderful niece I found this program for my iphone. I've been using it for several months and I love it. I've had wonderful success so far, but I still have a ways to go. I'm a 49 year old mother and grandmother looking for support of others about the same age. My nieces have been wonderful! However I'm looking to make more friends that I can help along the way. As well as have help me when I stumble and struggle on those days that make me crazy.

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad to have you here!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Glad you found it. I find this much more engaging that (yawn) Facebook.
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Hi SillieSix! I agree, I like this kind of social networking! I don't like FB at all. I've already been inspired by so many people here.
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i have to agree with you on that!!!
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    Hi SillieSix! I agree, I like this kind of social networking! I don't like FB at all. I've already been inspired by so many people here.

Ha. I tried deactivating mine and within 2 hours a student was texting me asking where my FB went. I can't seem to escape it.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of Facebook(said for 21 yr. old lol) but I can definitely get in to this site.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I agree. I love this much more than facebook because everyone here is either going through many of the same situations or has already had to at some point and it's not a big popularity contest. Welcome. =)

Btw, I'm not your age, I just wanted to agree, but you can still add me if you want!
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    I never understood the point of Facebook(said for 21 yr. old lol) but I can definitely get in to this site.

I think its so adolescent girls have a place to share 514 pictures of them posing in the mirror with peace signs and puckered lips. Oh and Farmville. I hate farmville.

If I didn't need it to connect with my students I would delete it tomorrow.
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options

Ha. I tried deactivating mine and within 2 hours a student was texting me asking where my FB went. I can't seem to escape it.

There's no escape! FB has practically taken over the world. ;)
    I've had a like/dislike relationship with it for years now; I deactivated my account several times before I finally got tired of the drama.
    I recently went temporarily insane and signed up for a new account to use with my blog.

:)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 49, married, no kids and I've been using MFP since July and love it. It's my own social network… although I think I'm going to have to break down and join Facebook, if I want to keep in contact with my family that is (especially more distant cousins and younger nieces and nephews)!

Check out my profile and add me as a friend, if you'd like! I'm on all the time!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I think its so adolescent girls have a place to share 514 pictures of them posing in the mirror with peace signs and puckered lips. Oh and Farmville. I hate farmville.

Oh I hate all the Facebook games!
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    I have two games I like to play on Facebook...well, I made them up.

Friend Request Purgatory:
    See how long you can keep someone you don't want to be friends with on your add list. I have had someone there for over a year. Edited: Oops Its actually been 2 years.

Unsubscribe From Your "Moaning about the opposite sex, status updates"
    That one is pretty self explanatory other than it is my goal to eventually not see any status updates on the news feed.

(I bet you can tell how much I hate FB. I love twitter though. Guess I am crazy)
  • SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't managed to figure out Twitter - I am a total technologically inept creature.... I get FB, when its behaving. I even play Fairy land because its kind of cute and you don't need a gazillion other people to send you things.

I am learning to use MFP better - and spending more time on here - some of the stories are so inspiring, some of the starting points are so poignant.......
  • walbro
    walbro Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and have lost 20 pounds in 3 months. If I can do it you can too. This site is brilliant for support. An the app is easy to use. Good luck. :smile:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options

haha. so true about the pictures. The never ending, random, useless pictures. I'm 23 and just deleted my FB a few days ago. One less internet distraction :)