Cognac drinkers?

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
Any other cognac drinkers out there? I have never been one to drink the cheaper brands like Courvoisier or Hennessey, I have always leaned towards Remi Martin VSOP or XO or older. Christmas Day my cousin poured me a glass of Hennessey Black. I loved it. It's only aged 2years but it's as smooth if not better than most VSOP brands. The finish is interesting and lingers for some time. I enjoyed it so much I picked up a bottle on the way home tonight..

Anyone else try it? What's your favorite?

Replies

• stresco
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one supporting this multi-billion dollar industry. :laugh:
  • Barbeliza
    Barbeliza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not as fussy as you are - I can drink Courvoisier - which has several grades/price levels - up to very fine and pricey!
  • Free_style
    Free_style Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Damn, is Hennessy a cheap drink. I tried it and like it. I mixed an eggnog with Hennessy. This was the first time and I have to admit, it was very smooth. Personally I am not normally a Hennessy drinker but for the holidays, my beau thought to celebrate with eggnog. We didn't know what to mix the eggnog with and suprisingly, the eggnog mixed with Hennessy and a sprinkle of nutmeg, made the perfect cold drink.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    The Dear Leader was a huge fan of Hennessy.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    lol. i'm from spain, so we drink cognac.

guy goes to a cafe, asks the waiter for a coffee. waiter goes, "of course sir. how would you like it? with or without a cognac?" the guy goes "without coffee!!"
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i like cognac, esp in a martini... i do not know the recipe for the ritz martini i drink, but cognac is in it.;
  • stresco
    Options
    I'm not as fussy as you are - I can drink Courvoisier - which has several grades/price levels - up to very fine and pricey!

Yes, Courvoisier has multiple grades but as you choose from the VS, VSOP, XO and so on, they are not as pleasant as the other brands. Just my opinion mind you... I am no authority in the matter, I just know what I like and dislike.
  • stresco
    Options
    Damn, is Hennessy a cheap drink. I tried it and like it. I mixed an eggnog with Hennessy. This was the first time and I have to admit, it was very smooth. Personally I am not normally a Hennessy drinker but for the holidays, my beau thought to celebrate with eggnog. We didn't know what to mix the eggnog with and suprisingly, the eggnog mixed with Hennessy and a sprinkle of nutmeg, made the perfect cold drink.

It depends on what you are comparing it to.

I picked up a bottle of the Hennessy Black for more than 10 bucks less than my usual Remi Martin VSOP. You have to remember that I am comparing a 2 year old cognac with a 4 year (or older) cognac, so the price is going to be lower but the taste is wonderful for such a young cognac.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ha....Love Hennessy....but you need to try the white label usually get it from the islands because they don't sell it in the US well I've never seen it in the US....we go every year and bring back at least 6-7 bottles whatever is the customs limit:bigsmile:

but question can someone tell me the correct calorie count on let say 1 ounce of henny? I think I know but would like to be certain when I'm tallying up my cals.....
  • stresco
    Options
    Ha....Love Hennessy....but you need to try the white label usually get it from the islands because they don't sell it in the US well I've never seen it in the US....we go every year and bring back at least 6-7 bottles whatever is the customs limit:bigsmile:

but question can someone tell me the correct calorie count on let say 1 ounce of henny? I think I know but would like to be certain when I'm tallying up my cals.....

You need to share some of that White Hennessy with me the next time you bring some back.

BTW, I found this on the calorie count for you:

http://www.ichange.com/nutrition/how-many-calories-in/hennessy-cognac-1oz-30ml
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options

You need to share some of that White Hennessy with me the next time you bring some back.

Thanks for this....sadly my numbers also matched I was hoping for something lower of course - at least it's low in sugar :bigsmile: Thanks!!
  • stresco
    Options

Thanks for this....sadly my numbers also matched I was hoping for something lower of course - at least it's low in sugar :bigsmile: Thanks!!

Yeah... I usually charge myself 75-100 cal for every 1-2oz drink of cognac. I free pour so I am never 100% accurate, so I try to lean towards the high side to keep myself honest.