Looking for weight loss friends

Options
Hi there. I just signed up today and am looking for some weight loss friends, both similar and not.
I'm 5' 6" and 202 lbs. I'm so ready to shed this fat. Who is with me?

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • TangelaD
    Options
    Im with you! I just started back today and Im going to force myself to be very committed.
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me as a friend! I love to help an encourage the best I can!
  • carpediem4263
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can definetly add me! I am determined to see below 140lbs which I never have since I had children ;D good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place :)

I am 5'6" and currently 210, so feel free to add me.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!!!! I can always use more friends to help keep me motivated!!! I'm also wanting to lose at least 50 lbs. My first goal weight is 140.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you like. I signed up for the site earlier in the year, but didn't really use it. I came back at the beginning of December and really started utilizing all it had to offer. The more support you give, the more you will receive. Add lots of friends. We are all here to help! :)

Good luck! You can do this!
  • Annern1970
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I restarted about a month ago. Good luck!
  • trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted because it gave me a chance to read the top ten list in Apazman's reply. I can't agree more. I am only 2 weeks into this and the community atmosphere and the tools provided on MFP are truly motivating, especially when I stray off course. Good luck
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend.....we can do this:smile:
  • nmoore226
    nmoore226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I joined yesterday after viewing my pictures from Christmas. A year and a half ago I lost 33 pounds and have put 23 back on!!! I need to lose at least 80.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    welcome to the site ! like previous posted, make changes. nothing over whelming at first. get your nutrition in check. for me i started the year at 228 and now i am 195. I cut out soda's and fast food. those were key for me. i would also think about an exercise program with a good mix of cardio and strength. maybe start by walking etc until you build up to something more. good luck and feel free to ask were all here to help each other.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
    GREAT IDEA!
  • waxette83
    Options
    Hi I just recently joined as well. Looking to lose 50lbs! Looking for motivation.
  • treloumil
    Options
    I am new to MFP as well..... Just started today... :) I'm 56 years old and at 5'2" I weigh 222 lbs.... YIKES! I've battled weight all my life, lost tons and gained tons but this time I am committed to making healthy choices....I am excited to be a part of the MFP community... :)
  • AtlantaCat
    Options
    I am!! I just signed up today as well. I am 5'9" and 220 lbs. I need to be 150 lbs. I have a ways to go! :smile:
  • carpediem4263
    Options
    Loving all this support. Please let me know if I can be any help to you also!!
  • OneMoreTime91
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I'm 5'6'' also and came from 226 to 206. Looking to drop another seventy over the next year. Good luck to everyone!