How big is a serving of roasted turkey?

Options
Usually for meat I take a piece that's the size of my palm, but how *thick* should that piece be? About a third of an inch?

Thanks very much for any help :tongue:

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    3 ounces is a normal healthy serving of any meat; weighing it will always be the most accurate gauge. I have weighed so long now that I am pretty accurate at getting the right amount the first time.
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    3 ounces is a normal healthy serving of any meat; weighing it will always be the most accurate gauge. I have weighed so long now that I am pretty accurate at getting the right amount the first time.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I don't own a food scale (poor college student). I can't even afford a scale to see how much *I* weigh lol :(
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The palm serve size is a good one, it should also roughly be the thickness of your palm, maybe a tad less if you have particularly big palms haha! Usually for roast meat it is 2 thin slices (ie equivalent to one thicker piece of meat).

Hope that helps
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    The palm serve size is a good one, it should also roughly be the thickness of your palm, maybe a tad less if you have particularly big palms haha! Usually for roast meat it is 2 thin slices (ie equivalent to one thicker piece of meat).

Hope that helps

It does, thanks! This is logical, don't know why I didn't consider that haha.