What Vitamins Do You Recommend?

Options
Everyone is always telling me I need to take at least a multi-vitamin. I'm wondering what vitamins you take and if you prefer a specific brand over another. I get confused by the regular one-a-day vitamins as opposed to the ones with minerals in it or the ones that say it has super foods in it. There's so much jargon. What do I really need to support a good diet?

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D and krill oil for me!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I like the Ultimate Series from The Vitamin Shoppe. In addition to that, I take fish oil. You can get the Ultimate Series in both men and women's formulas, so feel free to check them out.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I take ferrous gluconate (iron) and that's about it. Otherwise, I'd recommend for most women taking vitamin D and calcium. I should probably start.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump

I get confused by all the loooong names as well! :laugh:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    There are many vitamins out there in which you can take, and it can get confusing. My theory is to try and get as much from your diet as possible. Then go visit your GP and get a blood test and see where you are lacking.

For me I take a multi vitamin, Fish oil and flaxseed oil. Obviously Woman and Men have different needs, But it is possible to put to much into your body and then your body doesnt use it, therefore you are waisting your money. So I would definitely reccomend seeing your GP and get a blood test to make sure where you are lacking, then try and get as much of it as possible from your diet
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Visiting the GP sounds like a good idea. I really hadn't thought of it, and I already have an appointment to see her next week.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Fish/flax oil pills.

Everything else you should be eating.

for better Vitamin D and calcium stay away from skim milk and use 2%.
    It's better for you.
  • FindingEve
    Options
    Some of this depends upon your age and specific needs I think. I do take a multivitamin every day, two fish oil capsules (huge believer in fish oil), and a B-12 for energy. I would start slow. I think the essentials are the fish oil and a multivitamin. If I were going to add anything else it would be calcium.
  • runningto130
    Options
    I take Vitamin D daily ( had a huge deficiency) 2000 iu of D3. Also 1 50,000 iu of vitamin D a week ( i said it was a huge deficiency ) and Cinsulin- a cinnamon extract. Once the Vitamin D levels go back to where they should be I will probably add fish oil or flax as I hear both are really good for you.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    multi vitamin, D3, and a lot of fish oil,